Getting a refurbished Droid tomorrow... are they good?

modified

Reaction score
Most likely your refurb will be just like new... except it really isn't. It's an idiosyncrasy of mine, i can't stand used electronics. The though of someone using it before me makes it feel old and battered.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds good.

Also, I believe the refurb'd doesn't come with a battery/sd card/battery door... so I'd have to swap it, right?

Hopefully everything goes right!

that's quite a bit of luck you got...

hopefully my 3rd one works flawlessly

Bdog

Reaction score
With refurbs, it's really hit or miss. Before I got my Droid, I had a problem with a particular Samsung (dumb)phone that had a knack for locking up into an unfixable boot loop. My first refurbished phone was very laggy and I couldn't use the T9 because of it. Second one was faster, but the lights were dull and couldn't see it too well during the day. Third one was half decent, but I never did get a replacement that resembled the brand new one...

Steeeler

Reaction score
My third one works perfect. It is in mint shape physically and internally.

Like it was said here earlier, watch out for the proximity sensor. The first two they sent me had bad sensors. I dont know if they check that when the go through their quality control check. So make a call and make sure your sensor works.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd moto droid. Their okay "like new"! Lol I had a charging problem with the first one, and the second... my keyboad was acting up really bad! I couldn't even tex for a while there. I recommend you personally driving out to verizon and exchanging it there. The ones that usually come thru fedex are the ones with the problems! Think about..... how many handlers does it go thru before it gets to you?? And whose to say they treat your package with care! When I first bought my droid I bought it online thru verizon. Even new I had problems! Till I finally took it in myself, and now it works flawless. I got one.

jookyone

Reaction score
Wife is on her first refurb. Enjoying Froyo and Flash, with no problems yet. GPS stopped working on her original.