Getting a new VZW phone soon - need advice

velocity92c

Reaction score
I purposely waited when my upgrade became available for the next gen of Android phones (still rocking the OG Droid) and now it seems as if there's a ton to choose from. I'd like some advice from the forum on making my selection. The DX2 looks very appealing but I'm assuming it has the same tech as the DX that prevents full root access which kind of kills it for me. My main reasoning for rooting a device is to improve its performance though, and the DX2 has some pretty good specs, so maybe it would be plenty fast without the need for full root access? I haven't followed Android news at all in about 6 months so I'm just getting back into the swing of all this.

I know Samsung is either releasing or has recently released a new Droid, and it looks nice too. The fascinate looks good and my ex girlfriend had the Vibrant which I liked a lot. Then there's the Thunderbolt, and I'm sure I'm still missing some. My head is kind of spinning at this point. This is what I'm looking for :

Hacking flexibility
Performance
Good modding community support (ROMs, etc)
Performance (yes, again - it's the most important to me)

I'd also like some advice on where to get the best price with my upgrade - I know wirefly.com typically has the best prices but I didn't know if there were any other sites that have popped up in the last 6 months. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

ss13

Reaction score
something to consider is getting a 4g phone if you have it in your area, then if they change the data plans you could be grandfathered into the $30 unlimitted plan.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
They do have 4g in my area, and I was wanting to get a 4g phone. The fascinate is 3g only, right? A friend of mine has a phone from T-Mobile that looks just like the vibrant but he says it's 4g - are there any plans for that phone to be released on VZW?

Zecpull

Reaction score
The X2 is the Fastest Phone out right now.. But it is not LTE.( 4g) . I am surprised they didn't as they have the Technology... I have an X2.. and it is at least double the speed of the X, and has a killer Screen. ..The LG Revolution looks interesting also.. next week will tell.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Wow, if it's really that much faster than the X it probably doesn't even need much hacking to make it purr like my OG Droid does. I'm really considering the DX2 now because it's only 150 at wirefly with my upgrade. Any other comments?