getting a new thunderbolt actually 4 of them.

dl1762

Reaction score
I am renewing my contract with verizon and i am getting a thunderbolt.
I am getting the extended battery battery with it does it make it that much better ?
Some honest answers
Is this phone already past its time ?

Is it really as buggy as people are saying

I am getting a great price but if the phone bad or already outdated is it worth it. I had a droid2 before and after recent update it was bad. did a reset to factory and it was great.

Last edited:

porsche996

Reaction score
I love mine. Have had no problems with it. I did get certified used one the first time, and the screen was peeling up, so replaced that with a brand new one and I've never had a single problem with it.

Even dropped it HARD on the topside next to the power button; hard enough it put a dent into the case, but no problems at all with it. Seems to be very well built.

I have no "glitches" with mine. I never had random reboots, or any of the other things I've heard about.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy mine and have no complaints. That said, better devices are around the corner. It depends on the price you're getting for these TBs I suppose.

RedRumy3

Reaction score
I just got one to replace my OG Droid. So far I love it, only thing is I wish it had more custom roms. But I guess I am just use to the Droid.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums.

Javaknight

Reaction score
loved mine when I got it and love it even more now that it's running a custom rom :)

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
There are always better devices around the corner, that's technology for you. Even with the small issues I have had I still love mine. Battery life is my biggest complaint but its not a big enough deal for me to go buy an extended battery yet.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

KeepItReal

Reaction score
It's the only 3g device that allows you to talk and surf the Web at the same time (though not supported by Verizon Wireless). All the other devices have to be in 4g to do that. It it fairly current technology, just not dual core. It will perform well. Consider putting it in 3g mode for normal use to save battery life, or invest in the extended battery (currently half-price at Verizon I think)

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
The TB is a great phone, however I'm not a big fan of the extended battery. Yes it lasts longer, but you can't use it with a car dock, and it makes the phone almost twice as thick. In addition to it being uneven it's more cumbersome to hold or lay down somewhere.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
How much of a great price you getting. There are new phones coming out soon. I'd wait see what are my options first. Yes the phone is great if you running a custom Rom but quite frankly either HTC or Verizon dropped the ball on this phone. They can't get GB to run perfectly on this phone. They stopped the update after the VM bug

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I would not blame Verizon for dropping the ball. HTC is responsible for the software, and the low end standard battery they put in. Yes Verizon installs bloatware, but that does not impact the performance or running of the o/s. Just takes up some memory space.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Kittysback

Reaction score
There are always better devices around the corner, that's technology for you. Even with the small issues I have had I still love mine. Battery life is my biggest complaint but its not a big enough deal for me to go buy an extended battery yet.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

Dito

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

robdturner

Reaction score
Frankly bought my TBolt when it first came out love it. However been rooted almost day one and been running GB roms for months now. currently running CM7. Battery life stock sucked but with CM7 it is awesome. However the Nexus Prime is just around the corner if you cannot wait TBolt is a good phone but any Nexus will be better just my two cents.

corby

Reaction score
Look at the specs on bionic an thunderbolt basically the same except the lame pixilated screen on bionic and bionc does have hdmi plug in which would be nice but honestly how often are u really gonna plug phone into tv and the new HTC sensation xl 4.7 screen would be killer but it doesn't have as good of pic quality as thunderbolt so still not to impressed other than 1.5 ghz processor over thunderbolt 1 ghz but I not sure I would give up screen quality for that

jseah

Reaction score
Look at the specs on bionic an thunderbolt basically the same except the lame pixilated screen on bionic and bionc does have hdmi plug in which would be nice but honestly how often are u really gonna plug phone into tv and the new HTC sensation xl 4.7 screen would be killer but it doesn't have as good of pic quality as thunderbolt so still not to impressed other than 1.5 ghz processor over thunderbolt 1 ghz but I not sure I would give up screen quality for that

You forgot the big difference is the Bionic has a 1 GHz dual core processor while the TBolt has a 1 GHz single core.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I just got one to replace my OG Droid. So far I love it, only thing is I wish it had more custom roms. But I guess I am just use to the Droid.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums.

Consider checking out Rootzwiki because they have many custom ROMs available for the TB. It seems as though most developers for the TB have chosen to upload their custom ROMs to Rootzwiki.