Getting a new phone soon, having a hard time making a decision...please help

OP
Z

Zerozx

Reaction score
Yeah, it feels warm... :D but nope, nothing really funky happening...I just launched Angry Birds and it's playing smoothly. Texting someone, launched Seesmic...no problems that I can see.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, put the whack to it. Install and uninstall apps. Move a few from internal memory to the SD card. Stress it. If it doesn't seem unhappy and the rare reboot isn't a problem then run with it. :)

OP
Z

Zerozx

Reaction score
I'll mess with it for a while and post back here later tonight. Thanks for the help with the benchmarks, I'm feeling hopeful about it now... :p

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You're quite welcome.

One thing we learned about FroYo a long time ago -- sometimes it takes a little while to solidify enough to be truly enjoyed. I imagine Gingerbread will take just as long to bake up right. :D

OP
Z

Zerozx

Reaction score
Well, I'm still experimenting with it...I moved some applications to the card and back to the phone, uninstalled some, installed others, etc... I went to the desktop version of YouTube and Newgrounds to experiment with flash, no issues...videos played well. I'm really just not finding any issues. I'll continue to mess around with it and keep my eye open for issues, but I'm feeling less worried about it now.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
GREAT!

This is why I said do a sanity check. If the phone takes THIS level of use, imagine it with your normal level. No problems, right? So now we go in for the long haul, see how it does after a couple days.

OP
Z

Zerozx

Reaction score
So you think I should continue with the heavier usage into the next day or two just to be sure?

OP
Z

Zerozx

Reaction score
Think I should use Linpack or Quadrant anymore, just to test it a bit more? Not right now, but sometime tomorrow or the next day whenever I'm still experimenting with all of this?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Thers also "Smartbench", compares productivity and gaming scores. I like having multiple benchmarking apps, they aren't all coded the same.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

AndrewVolpe

Reaction score
get the droid x, it may be a little big, but its a legit computer. i wrote a 5 page essay on the microsoft word app and printed it out and got an A+ on it. its totally worth it