Getting a droid x!

HayWire

Reaction score
Hiya! Exited to get myself a droid x Monday! I know there are new phones coming soon but I really like
The x form factor and everything it has to offer.. I'm a bit leery on motoblur though, is there a way to go stock android? Does anyone know what the add a line price of the x would be? I tried loading Vzw website on my phone
But it's a little slow for it. Any good cases at a retailer I can pick up? I want to protect it from day 1. Also, what version of android is it running?

Thanks!

qman66

Reaction score
welcome to the droid family!

droid x comes with motoblur running 2.2.1 android. u can definitely run stock android on this phone as there are many roms to choose from. just beware this phone has a locked bootloader meaning u cant run 2.3 until motorola feels like u should have it. i cant help u with the adding a line thing but as for a case and a screen protecto i recommend ebay and take my advice dont buy any accessories from the verizon store, they rip u off and dont have much variety. i bought this phone on launch day and it has not one single scratch on it (knock on wood)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 and a Droid 2 and neither one of them have a scratch on them. Motorola constructed the Droid well for durability IMHO. I have heard of some people having issues with things like loose keyboards (not an issue for you) but the X is a pretty solid phone. Enjoy, and if you need some help you know where we are at.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It might even be a good idea to buy the phone somewhere other than Verizon, unless you like to pay full price. For example: At Costco you pay less, get an accessory pack, and have a 90 day return policy.

Just something to think about.

droiddict

Reaction score
Enjoy your DX! Second on Ebay is the best place to get a case. I've had mine for a couple of months and don't have any regrets. The big phones coming out are going to be 4G and I am worried that they will have limited contracts. I am not rooted or romed and my phone looks and runs pretty much like my D1 so I don't think that you have to do any BLUR if you don't want it. It does have a bunch of stuff that Moto/VZ put on it but I would rather ignore the stuff in the drawer than fool with the OS.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I love my X running with the ApeX ROM, if you get it, check out rooting to get stock android. How-to link in my signature. :D

Rocko

Reaction score
It might even be a good idea to buy the phone somewhere other than Verizon, unless you like to pay full price. For example: At Costco you pay less, get an accessory pack, and have a 90 day return policy.

The 90 day return policy is good, the accessory pack is garbage. 1) cheap universal wired earpiece, universal no name car charger, and a no name leather case.

MrKleen

Reaction score

The 90 day return policy is good, the accessory pack is garbage. 1) cheap universal wired earpiece, universal no name car charger, and a no name leather case.

Perhaps but its better than the "nothing" that Verizon gives you... :)

Plus lower price and better return policy!

xliderider

Reaction score
I'm using a TPU slip on case from eBay. Cost is around $5, and it's slightly raised around the front to offer a little bit of screen protection in case you drop it. Comes off and slips on easily, since I use GPS daily and need to remove the case to insert into the Car Mount.

EpicSkull Inked

Reaction score
Hiya! Exited to get myself a droid x Monday! I know there are new phones coming soon but I really like
The x form factor and everything it has to offer.. I'm a bit leery on motoblur though, is there a way to go stock android? Does anyone know what the add a line price of the x would be? I tried loading Vzw website on my phone
But it's a little slow for it. Any good cases at a retailer I can pick up? I want to protect it from day 1. Also, what version of android is it running?

Thanks!
You love the droidx. Welcome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
woo! dx ftw omgzor!

Uh, thanks for that input... I've actually decided against going the add a line route and since I don't want to pay a deposit,I'm going to use it on a prepaid line. The phone price becomes a little steep, but after that (other then account type) I think all the features are the same. I just have to get through work tomorrow (I work 12 hour shifts) and then I'll be going to vzw first thing in the morning.. Oh, do you guys think the battery will be enough to last me for a 12 hr day? I usually unplug around 4:45am and can get back on a charger around 6:45pm.