Getting a Droid X tomorrow? Consider donating your old phone, asks Verizon

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 14, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG]

Going out tomorrow to purchase the Moto Droid X? Instead of tossing your old phone in the garbage, or letting it collect dust in an attic box, Verizon is asking you to donate it. Since 2001, Verizon Wireless has been actively involved in Hopeline, a charity that assists victims of domestic violence. Through its consumers' phone donations, Verizon has helped raise over $7.9 million for Hopeline, and has distributed over 90,000 recycled phones with free wireless service to victims of domestic abuse.

All Verizon asks if you could do your part, and drop off your old phone for donation. To be safe, Verizon recommends you wipe all personal data before submitting your phone, but Verizon's recycling center will wipe it anyway. To participate, here are the instructios: Pre-package your old phone, download and attach this form: http://aboutus.vzw.com/communityservice/HopeLineLabel.pdf , and drop it into a Hopeline bin at any Verizon Wireless store.

Check out the full Press Release below:

Source VZW
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Seems to me if you took a MotoDroid in there and got an X you should also get a tax deduction.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I think I'll sell my iPhone 3GS on craigslist. But I agree with the poster above, if you bring in a verizon phone that is still somewhat current and useable. A discount should be given. I think Verizon is going to be making money off this somehow.
  4. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Hell a Droid for a Droid X? I should not only get a tax deduction but VZW should pay me to take the Droid X from them.
  5. nhat

nhat New Member

at this point, that's probably the only way i'll be able to get rid of my blackberry storm without tossing it in the trash :lol:
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

lol or maybe pay you for the droid
Search tags for this page

donate droid x

donate motorola droid phone

donate old droid x