Getting a Droid 1 replacement after time elasped.

xmguy

Reaction score
I have insurance on my Droid 1. My question is if I need a warranty replacement, lets say 1 year off. Does VZW give me a phone of equal value to what I spent or what the Droid 1 would be worth at that time. My fear is once the Droid 1's are fully exhausted then VZW will try to screw me over and not even give me a "comparable" device. Only give me say $10 for the Droid 1 as that's what's it might be worth at that time. I'm not looking to scam anyone. I just don't want to get screwed over.

Last edited:

eggsped

Reaction score
VZ has plenty of D1's floating around. There are at least 3 people, myself included, receiving replacement D1's over the next couple of days. It took no more than 3 minutes of troubleshooting for the rep to offer up a replacement.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
VZ has plenty of D1's floating around. There are at least 3 people, myself included, receiving replacement D1's over the next couple of days. It took no more than 3 minutes of troubleshooting for the rep to offer up a replacement.

Thats good. I just remember a few years back. I tried to get a warranty replacement for one of my feature phones and even though I have insurance and tec. They said my phone was only worth say $30 so they would only offer me a replacement in that price range.

Ofcourse getting a crappy FRU/CLNR is bad too. but that's another topic.