1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Getting a different model phone from Verizon through insurance??

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tarheeltx, Aug 22, 2010.

1. tarheeltx

tarheeltx New Member

I have a cracked screen on my Motorola Droid. I have insurance, but I'm sure they'll tell me I have to get the exact same kind of phone to replace it.

Does anyone know how to get it replaced with a newer phone like HTC Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 without having to pay full price for it. My upgrade eligibilty isn't until late next year.

Thanks.
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

My friend just tried, and he's getting another Droid 1 as a replacement from Verizon....no 2, X or Incredibe. Good luck if you get something better!!
  3. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

So you want to get a hot new Droid X from Verizon because you broke the screen of your ancient Droid ? I'm pretty sure VZ will give it to you , I actually didn't bought a phone for the last 10 years , every 10-12 months I just break the screen of my phone or brick it with no trace and I get it replaced with a new model .
  4. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

i just had to get my phone replaced today through assurion online. i had a little problem with mine as well. during the claim process it asked me what my phone was (mine is the moto droid) purchased in april. but i thought i'd try and put down the droid 2. when it came down to it, it knew exactly what phone i had, and on it's own said it would send me the right one. but i 'm not sure if there is a way to get a different one, i know i wasn't offered to upgrade or get a new one at all....hope that helps
  5. tarheeltx

tarheeltx New Member

What do you mean brick it?
    Yes I'd like to get a new one but probably won't be able to. When do you think they'll stop making the first Moto Droid?
Search tags for this page
can i get a different phone on insurance

can i get a different phone on insurance verizon

can i get a different phone through insurance

can i get a different phone with insurance

can i get a different phone with verizon insurance

can you get a different phone with insurance

can you get a different phone with verizon insurance

if i have insurance on my verizon phone can i get a differen

verizon insurance can i get a different phone

verizon insurance different model

verizon insurance different phone

verizon insurance upgrade

verizon phone insurance can you upgrade?

verizon phone insurance upgrade

verizon warranty different phone