Getting a different model phone from Verizon through insurance??

tarheeltx

Reaction score
I have a cracked screen on my Motorola Droid. I have insurance, but I'm sure they'll tell me I have to get the exact same kind of phone to replace it.

Does anyone know how to get it replaced with a newer phone like HTC Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 without having to pay full price for it. My upgrade eligibilty isn't until late next year.

Thanks.

leonozug

Reaction score
My friend just tried, and he's getting another Droid 1 as a replacement from Verizon....no 2, X or Incredibe. Good luck if you get something better!!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
So you want to get a hot new Droid X from Verizon because you broke the screen of your ancient Droid ? I'm pretty sure VZ will give it to you , I actually didn't bought a phone for the last 10 years , every 10-12 months I just break the screen of my phone or brick it with no trace and I get it replaced with a new model .

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I have a cracked screen on my Motorola Droid. I have insurance, but I'm sure they'll tell me I have to get the exact same kind of phone to replace it.

Does anyone know how to get it replaced with a newer phone like HTC Incredible, Droid X, or Droid 2 without having to pay full price for it. My upgrade eligibilty isn't until late next year.

Thanks.
i just had to get my phone replaced today through assurion online. i had a little problem with mine as well. during the claim process it asked me what my phone was (mine is the moto droid) purchased in april. but i thought i'd try and put down the droid 2. when it came down to it, it knew exactly what phone i had, and on it's own said it would send me the right one. but i 'm not sure if there is a way to get a different one, i know i wasn't offered to upgrade or get a new one at all....hope that helps

OP
T

tarheeltx

Reaction score
So you want to get a hot new Droid X from Verizon because you broke the screen of your ancient Droid ? I'm pretty sure VZ will give it to you , I actually didn't bought a phone for the last 10 years , every 10-12 months I just break the screen of my phone or brick it with no trace and I get it replaced with a new model .

What do you mean brick it?
Yes I'd like to get a new one but probably won't be able to. When do you think they'll stop making the first Moto Droid?