gettin stuck on Motorola M at start up

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jbrock98, May 30, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

i just installed the jrummyremixv8 cyantheme using sprecovery, then i deleted the update.zip on my sdcard and put the goodieszip file(i renamed it update.zip) on my sdcard and installed it without wiping, everything booted up fine i went to terminal emulator and went to apply a font script then it asked me to reboot after i typed it in and when it went to reboot it got stuck on the M, i did a battery pull and tried to turn it on and it still got stuck, i booted into recovery and restored the backup everything back to normal, but why did this happen? i wanted to ask b4 i tried it again
  2. gary2

gary2 New Member

were you using an overclock kernel? that is typically the problem when getting stuck @ M (either the phone just doesn't like that particular kernel or its clocked too high)

try lowering speed and if that doesn't work try another kernel, there are many options available!
  3. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

how do you lower the kernel phone doesnt turn on ??? to connect to comp
  4. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

no i'm overclocked and i see in the jrummy section others r having same problem
  5. joehmayfield

joehmayfield New Member

i had to do a full wipe in recovery mode. and it booted after that. now i'm trying to get overclock kernel back :(
  6. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

Depending on when you downloaded it, JRummy said his font files were corrupt when he first posted the downloads for that ROM; a couple people on the Cyanogen forums had the same problem. Just re-download the fonts.

Also, make sure your fonts are in the correct folder specified by the script; I don't know how the script is written, but one of the ones I found used cat> and if the source file wasn't in the correct spot then it would just blank out the destination. I imagine that would cause problems; normally the phone will revert to the fallback font for missing characters, but wiping the file that way might also remove file information the OS needs to resolve the file.
Search tags for this page

reboot droid razr hd a m symbol stays there