Get your Jelly Bean...NOW!

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by sbenson, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    I'm assuming you saw mention of 3.2 in the IRC? I'm not seeing any mention on the rootz post...

Ninja Edit: I see where it is being discussed in the thread, nothing to see here...

#313 Trusstopher, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Diab210

Diab210 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys. I've been out of the game for a while but thinking of installing jelly belly 3.4 this afternoon. Do have a question about the jellybean bootloader - once you install that are you unable to go back to an ICS nandroid (jelly belly seems stable from what I've been reading but if something goes wrong I figure I'll just return to my AOKP M6 nandroid)? Some places it says its not required to flash it, others make it sound mandatory if you want the rom to run right.

3. Jdt283

Jdt283 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Kind of random but im loving jelly belly 2.1! my batterys also a little better so that always good. i might flash 3.4 later but theres alot of issues on it now. Overall i love it!

4. SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I am on 3.4 with no problems, just do clean install no matter what anyone says.

LTE/VZW Galaxy Nexus w/Jelly Belly 3.4 on Tapatalk

5. RVC

RVC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on Liquid Vicious and I cannot download apps from the play store....anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

6. RiceCake2000

RiceCake2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so happy for Jelly Belly 3.9.1. Finally my MMS works and so does notification ring (I noticed on 3.9 that it would be stuck on silent). I also seem to be getting better WiFi as well.

7. ObieNobie

ObieNobie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found or know if there are any ROMs that support MHL. I'm on nexusbean and u don't think it's supposed even though they say everything is supported.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. mattym320

mattym320 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone having trouble getting back to root with Jelly Bean? Admittedly I use Wug's but im not getting root access using it. Just wondering... I flashed Vicious btw...

9. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Something is going wacky for you. As this losing root isn't a common problem with Jelly Bean, so I doubt most people are having trouble getting it back.

My guess is one of 3 things happened (at least that I can think of off the top of my head):
    - The ROM has issues itself. Perhaps it wasn't rooted properly to begin with.
    - Something got flashed that didn't work properly with the ROM, and breaks root. A kernel perhaps.
    - Superuser and supersu both exist, and both lost the battle for root. Only one can be functional at a time. They both can be installed, just one has to take the backseat to the other. I personally find it silly to have both, and just stick with one or the other.

Are you flashing the newest one? Perhaps flash a different ROM. Perhaps a wipe of data, cache, dalvik cache, and system partitions is in the cards for you as well.

10. ObieNobie

ObieNobie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone provide me with a link to BB ROM? I downloaded and flashed one but it really seems like stock JB. No features, and the phone info doesn't say anything related to BB

11. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Bugless is basically stock at this point with performance tweaks. Look under About phone, Built date, it should say Tue Aug 7 23:35:50 EDT 2012.

12. ObieNobie

ObieNobie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright so bug less has been way to laggy for me. Could someone recommend a rom that is snappy, everything works (Gps is a must), and gentle on the battery? Some customization would be nice too. Thanks for the help

Search tags for this page
droid jellybean addons
futurama scruffy second
jellybean enable wired tethering
radio for droid 3 jelly bean

scruffy futurama second

scruffy second

wired tether jelly bean