Get Your Galaxy S6 Gold Plated For Only $400!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We talk about modding software around here all the time, but there is a company out of Vietnam that is offering a pretty sick hardware mod for the Galaxy S6! This mod will kind of break the bank though so only those of you who value style more than money should even consider this. "Karalux" will plate your S6 in 24k gold before shipping it to you!

Most phones that are gold plated will set you back several thousand dollars. This one is a bit cheaper since the only parts of the phone that can be plated include the metal around the camera and the metal around the body of the S6. The S6 front and back are covered in glass and are not suited for gold plating. The process includes a 10 layer process which takes 3 hours of work. The last coat is a coat of unnoticeable nano film which protects from corroding. If you have money to blow head to the link below.

via Mavang

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It protects from corrosion.. But what about rubbing off? Wow.. Not for me.. Lol

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Real 24k gold will not corrode. I think the nano coating would be for protecting the soft 24k gold from rubbing off and / or just a marketing scheme to use the term "nano."

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Why gold? They should let you choose other colors so that you can make the phone more personal. They could charge a couple of hundred bucks and make a killing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Plating will rub off.. And I'd bet that's all it will be.. Plating..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Interesting. I'd be too afraid of dropping it, so I'd put a case on it, thus defeating the purpose. LOL!
I bet it looks pretty sweet in person though.

S5 tap'n

VassilisKin

Reaction score
Why gold? They should let you choose other colors so that you can make the phone more personal. They could charge a couple of hundred bucks and make a killing.

We talk about modding software around here all the time, but there is a company out of Vietnam that is offering a pretty sick hardware mod for the Galaxy S6! This mod will kind of break the bank though so only those of you who value style more than money should even consider this. "Karalux" will plate your S6 in 24k gold before shipping it to you!

Most phones that are gold plated will set you back several thousand dollars. This one is a bit cheaper since the only parts of the phone that can be plated include the metal around the camera and the metal around the body of the S6. The S6 front and back are covered in glass and are not suited for gold plating. The process includes a 10 layer process which takes 3 hours of work. The last coat is a coat of unnoticeable nano film which protects from corroding. If you have money to blow head to the link below.

via Mavang