Get your Chromebook early via Google and GILT

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
not surprised

i am way more surprised that they want 500 bucks for the netbook than the spam following that site. i didnt sign up because i really had no intention on buying one and didnt think i would ever use that site. glad i didnt. i used to get 100 spam mails aday on 1 of my emaoil accounts now its down to maybe 5 aweek they gave up on that address. but i use it for anything questionable so i dont get my gmail totally spammed so far has worked out.
dont ever put your email for one of those supposed freebees i did that 5 years ago and it took 4 years for the spam to stop :)

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i am way more surprised that they want 500 bucks for the netbook than the spam following that site. i didnt sign up because i really had no intention on buying one and didnt think i would ever use that site. glad i didnt. i used to get 100 spam mails aday on 1 of my emaoil accounts now its down to maybe 5 aweek they gave up on that address. but i use it for anything questionable so i dont get my gmail totally spammed so far has worked out.
dont ever put your email for one of those supposed freebees i did that 5 years ago and it took 4 years for the spam to stop :)
You're right, and I still feel like I'm covered in slime.

But for me anyway, there was a "halo effect." Remember all that Google trash-talk about "do no evil/harm"...I'm sure I was thinking when I saw that stupid boutique page, "Aw, surely these guys will have good netiquette." I probably assumed, if they were affiliated with Google that it wouldn't be your garden-variety retailer. I was wrong...it's worse.

Call me pwned.

-Matt

Ellectronico

Reaction score
was there any kind of agreement that we accepted when we signed up for the gilt thing? Maybe we agreed to receive the e-mails and just didn't realize it?

jayman350

Reaction score
I've gotten all of the spam emails and have clicked the link at the bottom of the page to unsubscribe.

What I'm pissed about with this is that I'm pretty sure they never showed you the price of it until you had entered your info. I should have known that by them simply calling themselves a "boutique" that the price was going to be ridiculous.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I got the invite, checked it out, and was not impressed. Sure, $500 is an early-adopter price, which, under ideal circumstances, might sense. But this is a relatively unknown product, with poorly-described specs, and maybe most importantly, a reputation during "beta-testing" for being slow, unreliable, and fairly unimpressive (I'm assuming this is the same hardware as the test units, right?). I liked it much better when they were giving out the test Chrome units for free.

-Matt
I agree... I'd take one for free.... lol But wouldn't waste money picking up one of these... not wit dem specs... and not this early in the game...