Get your Chromebook early via Google and GILT

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The person before you was being sarcastic and they are not kidding on the price.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
When I saw this in my email, I was like "SWEET I'M GETTING A FREE NETBOOK!" ...then I kept reading..

jayman350

Reaction score
When I saw this in my email, I was like "SWEET I'M GETTING A FREE NETBOOK!" ...then I kept reading..
Ditto, me too.

-Matt

Same here, I thought "Oh wow another round of free Chrome netbooks, sweet"

WTF, how do you justify $500 for an underpowered netbook. I would MUCH rather have a XOOM, or a Transformer w/ keyboard dock than one of these.

OP
G

gatewayad

I entered my email address with them which you have to do to look at the offer, what a mistake one day later and already received 4 emails from their affiliates what a bunch of spammers

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I entered my email address with them which you have to do to look at the offer, what a mistake one day later and already received 4 emails from their affiliates what a bunch of spammers

Yep. I can't wait to complain to Google. Oh wait...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HamDog

Reaction score
$500!!! LMAO! This is proof that Google is now on drugs! And a 100mb of data? Do they want us to check our gmail account once a month?

I'm not a fan of Apple, but this makes the $999 Macbook seem like a bargain!

GregNY

Reaction score
I observing the ebay selling going on for these, especially the ones with no reserves... Got one up to 455 for it so far....

I havent received any unfiltered spam since checking out the offer on the gilt site...

May be an opportunity for a quick flip. I'd agree to say its a bit pricey for what it is, although its built security features/updates are nice ideas for those less inclined in knowing what they're doing...

And the offer has gone to sold out since yesterday.... someoneS been jumping on the early release bandwagon...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
$500 just to be a beta tester?

I would MUCH rather have an ASUS transformer.
Same, thing is, I was getting one for my birthday (today), and it was ordered 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to be on backorder until May 31, but when I check the status (today), it's already on backorder AGAIN!

Zecpull

Reaction score
I got the invite too .. for the Double the Price of a Net book offer.. And now Today I have Received 5 more Emails... Telling me How wonderful since I was invited to be in Gilt.. ( a Gilt is a Female Pig ) .. I could also be in Jetsetter... What a Glorious Scam.

xan

Reaction score
$500 just to be a beta tester?

I would MUCH rather have an ASUS transformer.
Same, thing is, I was getting one for my birthday (today), and it was ordered 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to be on backorder until May 31, but when I check the status (today), it's already on backorder AGAIN!

thats cause apple horded up all the tablet parts to stifle any competition.(and then there was this little earthquake and tsunami.)

maybe that explains googles pricing structure...?

Ellectronico

Reaction score
I got the email as well. I didnt recognize the Gilt site so i didnt enter my information. Looks like that was a good idea.

I opened it and thought "hey! another chance to get a free Chrome Book"

NOT

i agree with all of you that the price is way to high. I bet they sent that e-mail out to everyone. At least to all the people that signed up for the first round of beta testing.

OP
G

gatewayad

I got the invite too .. for the Double the Price of a Net book offer.. And now Today I have Received 5 more Emails... Telling me How wonderful since I was invited to be in Gilt.. ( a Gilt is a Female Pig ) .. I could also be in Jetsetter... What a Glorious Scam.

Yep, Jetsetter email today so they have already sold their list, I think i will start using trashmail more... what an absolutely wonderful firefox add on:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Yep, Jetsetter email today so they have already sold their list, I think i will start using trashmail more... what an absolutely wonderful firefox add on:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
FRACK!!! I got the Jetsetter and didn't connect the dots.

I feel gross...so used...I'm a tool. :(

-Matt

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just unsubscribed and sent them an email, asking them to delete my account.

No need for that Google. Shame.