Get update to redownload and try again?

esheesle

Reaction score
So I had cwm installed when the ota tried to install, which of course failed. I installed stock recovery and tried going into that, it did an update, rebooted and was updating again(not sure why twice) and then a red exclamation appeared. Rebooted and the OS version was the new 2.0, but the radio was the old version still. I luckily was able to reflash amonra and restore my cwm backup from prior to update.

Does anyone know how I might go about getting the phone to try again, this time with stock recovery installed from the start?

drknrgy

Reaction score
I am in the same exact boat but have not tried factory reset and downloading update again. I got that red exclamation also. Phone locked. I pulled bat and rebooted. Did not notice anything different other than my keyboard changed. I am root/unlocked stock rom Don't know how to proceed. Also hearing 4g speeds have decreased after this update.. any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Not sure how to proceed. If I could clear the downloaded files and let it start over maybe it would work but "check new" does nothing at all. I can see the otaupdate.zip downloaded with the right size but isn't prompting to install. Thinking factory reset and try but really hate having to reinstall everything and redo settings.

drknrgy

Reaction score
Sounds like you will lose root if you install this update. I can't confirm this personally but another member lost root after update and cannot get it back.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
You should be able to flash amonra or cwm then flash su(so I've read)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a write up anywhere that shows how to go back to stock recovery? I picked the worst week to go on vacation, I've been waiting for an update to get my phone back to stock cause I'm done with Root and Rom's sense this phone is so awesome stock!

Plus I'm giving it to my wife in a month so I can upgrade another line.

I'm running clockwork recovery with my nandroid back up re installed so I'm bloated and factory except for the recovery.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now I got myself back to what must be mostly stock, I removed cwm recovery had to flash back to stock couldn't get that to work. For some reason after going through and unlocking my bootloader again after locking it earlier my phone booted up perfectly.

Now the update just downloads and fails on install. Tries for a little bit the I get the red triangle in the belly. But it keeps trying to download and install every couple of hours? Has anyone been experiencing this?

budlight4me

Reaction score
So now I got myself back to what must be mostly stock, I removed cwm recovery had to flash back to stock couldn't get that to work. For some reason after going through and unlocking my bootloader again after locking it earlier my phone booted up perfectly.

Now the update just downloads and fails on install. Tries for a little bit the I get the red triangle in the belly. But it keeps trying to download and install every couple of hours? Has anyone been experiencing this?

I have and it's a pain. Last two mornings I woke up with that exclamation on my screen cause it tries to update while I'm sleeping.

budlight4me

Reaction score
Speaking of that, I noticed its downloading the firmware now. I wish I could get it installed right to end this nonsense

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm surprised we can't be the only ones with this problem. I really hope someone can help us out this awfulness

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried the old and new already. it goes all the way threw the process and at the end tells me my version is newer can not update. I think its still from flashing the rom Bamf cubed. I read that for some reason the bamf people updated a file with that rom.

I haven't gotten anything done sense I flashed that. I used a write up at XDA to get my back up to work but never fixed the file that was changed. Anyone know if thats hard to do?

I think it was the Mainver that got updated to a higher version that is killing me.

There is a really simple (looking) write up on changing the
Mainver at XDA, I'm just a little nervous to try.