Get the New Jelly Bean Version of the Google Play Store Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_google-play-store-jb-version.png

There are several features in the new Android 4.1/Jelly Bean OS from Google to get excited about. For some users, the ability to get new content, like magazines and TV shows might be one of them. If you are one of the folks that wants to take advantage of this cool new feature in the Google Play Store, but don't want to wait to get Jelly Bean on your Android device, then this little download might be for you. One of our users, Exalted911, found a cool download that allows you to replace your current Google Play Store with the Jelly Bean version. We want to give you a quick warning that there are no reported problems with it, but you should still use at your own risk.

One of our moderators, justin82, found his thread and shared it with the news team. Head over to the link below to find a download link. Thanks guys!

Source: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...oogle-playstore-new-jelly-bean-playstore.html

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have installed this no problems so far

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Seems in last few days everything is moving faster and faster... by the end of next week I wouldn't be surprised if we were reporting on the new "Key Lime Pie" Play Store and boot animation..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems in last few days everything is moving faster and faster... by the end of next week I wouldn't be surprised if we were reporting on the new "Key Lime Pie" Play Store and boot animation..

lemon marang by august 1 :icon_eek:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder if rooted users can rent TV shows.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The web version of the Play Store already has the updates too

tfly212

Reaction score
Worked perfectly on a Lenovo A1 running CM7. Nice to finally be able to get TV shows...looking forward to kissing iTunes goodbye forever.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i have installed this no problems so far

Justin, how do you install, by using a root file manager? I tried to simply install and it warned me it was a system app and questioned whether I was sure I wanted to replace. I chose yes, but it failed.

tfly212

Reaction score
I got the same system app warning

clicked yes and it installed with no issue. I sideloaded via USB to my SD card and then opened it with File Explorer. It may require a root explorer app.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Justin, how do you install, by using a root file manager? I tried to simply install and it warned me it was a system app and questioned whether I was sure I wanted to replace. I chose yes, but it failed.

Same here.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

C2Cab95

Reaction score
FoxKat said:

I got the same message, but it installed fine for me. I put it on my wife's Droid X without issue as well.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120628_235432.png
    ForumRunner_20120628_235432.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 305

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

root explorer change old market to .bak file ( or delete if brave). copy other market to system/app-change permission to 644 and reboot.

can also do it via adb. little more timely :)