Get rid of motoblur

dparm

Reaction score
You can hide a lot of Motoblur by rooting and removing some of the pre-installed software.

I just installed a different Launcher (w/o) root to at least get a more "vanilla" appearance.

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Yo! I'm still relatively new to Droids. With that said what's "motoblur"?

Sent from my Gspacy Tab 10.1 using DroidForums

dparm

Reaction score
Motoblur is the custom "skin" applied onto Android by Motorola. Look at the Nexus S...same Android version as the Bionic (2.3.x) but it has no custom theme applied. It is called "vanilla". Different icons, different widgets, different launcher.

Giigke-nexus-S_1779072c.jpg

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Unknown, ok, thanks! Can you change these skins???

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Unknown, ok, thanks! Can you change these skins???

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

No. Htc's UI is the only one that haves themesas far as I know. Motoblur is just motoblur. You can however download home replacements and buy themes

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
subaruwrx88011

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
The thing I hate about motoblur is the different programs like the gallery and the camera. It is horrible. And I hate all the icons for contacts, the phone, etc. (thats just knit picky though).
Really miss my OG Droid with vanilla on it, however the speed, size, etc on the Bionic is amazing.

Leon

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Soon there will be blurless roms for you to enjoy! Bionic Liberty comes to mind!

Reaction score
I've been using LauncherPro from the moment I got the phone. It works flawlessly. I am sure other home replacements like ADW work well, also. I recommend trying those instead of altering the phone's preinstalled software.

OP
subaruwrx88011

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
I used LauncherPro for a while on the Droid 2 Global I was borrowing. It is really good however doesn't fix the gallery and camera app problem for me anyways.