Get it Now...

spower

Reaction score
Anybody know where to find it on the Droid? I just got my phone (whoo hoooo!) and I need to sync my contacts from Verizon but I need to download the app from Get it Now but can't find it.

Thanks!

Big Cam

Reaction score
Under Verizon I'm sure.

In the marketplace there are 3 tabs, top free, top paid, and Verizon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get it now doesn't work with the Droid and it's not in the app store. You would use get it now to sync your contacts with many other phones but not the Droid or a blackberry.

I searched the market before I wrote this just to make sure. You will have to sync your contacts probably through your mail accounts via gmail.

alucardx

Reaction score
  1. On old phone, search for "backup assistant" on "get it now"
  2. Run program, let it complete back-up
  3. Log in to my verizon from vzw site, under my phone or some where under account details, you'll find your contact list that backup assistant loaded.
  4. in the upper right of this area, click export to CSV. edit csv and ensure there are no secondary mobile/home phone numbers listed as "notes", these won't load right. will usually show up as the last columns on the right.
  5. from gmail on a computer, goto contacts. ensure there are no random groups besides the default groups set up for gmail. click on the main "contacts" group (first one) and click import. import your csv to your main contacts group.
  6. sync your gmail accont on your droid.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
  3. Log in to my verizon from vzw site, under my phone or some where under account details, you'll find your contact list that backup assistant loaded.
  4. in the upper right of this area, click export to CSV. edit csv and ensure there are no secondary mobile/home phone numbers listed as "notes", these won't load right. will usually show up as the last columns on the right.
  5. from gmail on a computer, goto contacts. ensure there are no random groups besides the default groups set up for gmail. click on the main "contacts" group (first one) and click import. import your csv to your main contacts group.

Ok I am all the way to step 6, so how do I sync phone contacts to droid

jimnutt

Reaction score

As long as you imported the contacts to the same gmail account you set your droid up with they'll "magically" appear after a few minutes.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
looks like I may be able to load from the SD card on droid, just don't know how to get it onto card.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easiest thing to do. Go to Verizon. They will transfer your contacts over for free.... This is what I did instead of worrying about syncing all the contacts through gmail..

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
Easiest thing to do. Go to Verizon. They will transfer your contacts over for free.... This is what I did instead of worrying about syncing all the contacts through gmail..

Yeah unfortunately I am nowhere near a Verizon store :-(

deputc26

Reaction score

Settings>Accounts and Sync>gmail>sync contacts

nerdbox08

Reaction score
looks like I may be able to load from the SD card on droid, just don't know how to get it onto card.

If your contacts were saved to you SD card when you got the new phone, it's very easy.

Phone -> Contacts -> Menu -> Import/Export -> Import from SD card.

If it asks you "Create contact under account..." Select your gmail account. It will search the SD card for what is a vCard file. You should have only one vCard file if the contacts were actually put onto your SD Card. Click Import One vCard file and click okay.

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
1. I need to get my contacts onto the SD card, anybody know how to do this?
2. I am not near a VZW store to go and have them do this for me.

Thanks!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
1. I need to get my contacts onto the SD card, anybody know how to do this?
2. I am not near a VZW store to go and have them do this for me.

Thanks!

So you said you did what you were supposed to for the gmail route listed above, did you not sync your contacts?

OP
spower

spower

Reaction score
OMG! Ok it did work! The first several contacts were unknown contacts. I was seeing that and thought it was empty. When I scrolled down all my contacts are there.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help!!