Get Droid X now, or wait for Galaxy S?

JustSumDude

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Convince me to buy a droid X now instead of waiting for the 'fascinate/Galaxy S' to become available on Verizon. :icon_ banned:

Is there some technical reason that the Droid X is superior? Better graphics processor or something? Is there some community-oriented reason (i.e. more developers will hack cool stuff on the X)?

As far as I can tell, Both the Droid X and Galaxy S have solid processors/ram, big pretty screens, support external storage up to 32gb, both will get Froyo, both will be eligible for Gingerbread. Both are rooted. Neither have unlocked boot loaders.

So in my mind, the Galaxy S wins because the super AMOLED screen is the latest and greatest. All other specs are pretty much the same as the X.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
-Justin

Mule65

Reaction score
Samsung Fascinate:

* Got Bing!
* Nobody knows when Fascinate is coming.
* No notification LED

phatkat66

Reaction score
Panoramic, DLNA, HDMI out (im not 100% on this one) gives X the advantage. I love my X and its size is just BEASTLY I love it. I wouldnt trade it for any other phone at the moment and I have some pet peeves about it with its damn volume and youtube not syncing issue

kpiskin

Reaction score
Does the Galaxy also have 8GB internal storage? The X can have a combined 40GB of storage. I think the Droid X looks a little more handsome and the Galaxy is a little more iPhoneish looking. But the Galaxy may fit your hand better, who knows. I love the screen size of the X and wish they sold more this size. I use my phone more for data than for talking and viewing websites, emails and videos are just that much more pleasant.

OP
J

JustSumDude

Reaction score
Panoramic, DLNA, HDMI out (im not 100% on this one) gives X the advantage. I love my X and its size is just BEASTLY I love it. I wouldnt trade it for any other phone at the moment and I have some pet peeves about it with its damn volume and youtube not syncing issue

Nice, this is what I'm talking about. I don't know much about DLNA, but the HDMI out capability is pretty cool. Seems like I could find an excuse to use it :)

Looks like the Galaxy will go to LCD or superLCD because of the shortage of superamoled... it was on google this AM, I don't have the link but it should be easy to find.

Oh bummer! I heard that HTC Incredible is switching to LCD because Samsung is bogarting all the AMOLED screens for themselves. I didn't know the shortage issue extended all the way to Samsung.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
choices

hey well i would wait because they are coming out with a droid 2 but i would get dorid x becuase i have the Android and it a amzing phone plus they made alot of better specfactions on droid x :):)

kmasum

Reaction score
I am so in love with my droid x, won't trade this phone for a 3D tv or 5th generation iphone...and yes my wife hates droid x coz its getting too much attention...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mach330

Reaction score
i would just wait so you have something to compare to. i played with my friend's captivate (att version). the screen is something in between which i like. i don't mind the Dx size tho.

fyi...the fascinate is will not be using super tft or lcd. it's using the super amoled not the regular amoled which is in short supply. samsung saved it's supply it itself. the super amoled is simply amazing. it blows my dinc amoled out the door.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
question

hey well i have a qustion i have always liked keyboard phones well i think i mite get a dorid x but are touch screen keyboards hard because you usally press a button and it doesnt press the right one so

brochaos

Reaction score
the galaxy s is not switching displays! it's their own displays for their own phones...why would they use something else.

also, can someone verify that the galaxy s does not have an LED indicator? also, the tmobile version does not have a flash, any word on the verizon version?

J

jedidroid

the galaxy s is not switching displays! it's their own displays for their own phones...why would they use something else.

also, can someone verify that the galaxy s does not have an LED indicator? also, the tmobile version does not have a flash, any word on the verizon version?

I don't think any version of the Galaxy S has a camera flash..

nanoera

Reaction score
The verizon version will have flash. I think you have to wait until September to get it, since August is reserved for droid 2. By then gingerbread device might only be less than 2 months away. You can wait to see whether droid x receive froyo by mid August to decide.

Interpol

Reaction score
Looks like the Galaxy will go to LCD or superLCD because of the shortage of superamoled... it was on google this AM, I don't have the link but it should be easy to find.
No, it's HTC that's switching to sLCD.

Samsung is the manufacturer/supplier of AMOLED screens for HTC.

steven.rn

Reaction score
No, it's HTC that's switching to sLCD.

Samsung is the manufacturer/supplier of AMOLED screens for HTC.

My bad; I totally goofed reading that article- never mind :eek: