"get directions" gone

thorg12

Reaction score
i usually search for a restaurant and then the address appears with the phone number and "get directions" then i click get directions and it does it on google maps for me. Now it just says the phone number and "show on map" instead of get directions.
Anyone know have to fix this? thanks

xliderider

Reaction score
Additionally, when I put in Red Lobster "my city", Google displays the address an a map. Longpressing the map brings up a window with the map and at the bottom are icons to call and directions. Pressing on the directions icon brings up Maps and further asks if the directions are for car, public transportation, or walking.

SirMrManGuy

Reaction score
That dosent really answer thorg's question. When you searched a queary, voice or text, google would display a button for the number and a button for "get directions" which would go staight to navigation. Now with 2.1 it says "show map" which sometimes won't even let you go to nav.

The get drections feature was nice for doing generic searches like "haircut near cityX" or "steakhouse" and picking the best one and going there. How do we get the "get directions " button back?