get better battery life

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Hey DNA owners. If you turn off standalone GPS service u get way better battery life. Jus go to the powerbar widget and turn that part off. The middle icon and u will c a great difference.

OP
E

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Here is my results

ForumRunner_20121225_231231.png

eagle2222222222

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the heads up on the gps setting! Unbelievable the difference in battery life.

Robster

Reaction score
What about the 'Google Location Service'? Would turning that off help with battery life?

Newamericanclassic

Reaction score
How many hours of screen time do you guys usually get? With 4g/gps off, on auto brightness, just browsing the web I can only get maybe 4 hours tops. Not to mention, the battery decays like crazy even when it's off.

I didn't think I'd have battery issues, but this thing can't last a full day of moderate usage :/. I'm hoping my device specifically has a battery issue, because I seriously have to carry around an external battery to make sure it doesn't die on me when I need it. Is this the same for you guys?

OP
E

eeeeevo

Reaction score
The screen time on does drain battery life rather quickly as u stated but when its on stand by mode it should trickle down slowly if u turn off GPS standalone service which is located on the powerbar widget( middle icon). Right now I'm at 70% battery life left at 10 hrs with about 1 hour of screentime on.

dnalimitededition

Reaction score
Eeevo that's awesome battery life ..this is what I average on daily basis . Screen time about 2 hours , 4g all the time, I do search web quite a bit.

ForumRunner_20121228_151641.png

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
How many hours of screen time do you guys usually get? With 4g/gps off, on auto brightness, just browsing the web I can only get maybe 4 hours tops. Not to mention, the battery decays like crazy even when it's off.

I didn't think I'd have battery issues, but this thing can't last a full day of moderate usage :/. I'm hoping my device specifically has a battery issue, because I seriously have to carry around an external battery to make sure it doesn't die on me when I need it. Is this the same for you guys?

That's crazy, your phone has the battery life of my D4. With this phone I can go hours using surfing the net on 4g and I still have 30% by the end of the day unlike my D4 which I have to stay close to a charger.

cojulun

Reaction score
May I also suggest the "Advanced Task Killer" app. There are soooo many apps that are almost always updating in the background. This little app looks every hour, 2 hours, 30 minutes (whatever you set) and shuts those background apps down. Give that a try for even more battery life.