Gestures

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by Phoxus, May 5, 2010.

1. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you want them or not?

After much demand on IRC to me about them I'm making a poll to convince Gary to add them. I don't use em, but what's more options!?

2. CEnnis

CEnnis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YES! This would be an excellent addition! As long as they are optional, why wouldn't we want them in xScope? It's a no brainer.

3. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes if they're implemented correctly! If you're talking about Dolphin Browser's gestures then no, please don't emulate that I don't like having to pull up a window just to do a gesture when I could easy just press a button :(

4. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    trying to do a gesture on a webpage without a pull up window wouldn't work very well.... think about being on a page and moving your finger around on it... what does that do? MOVES YOUR LOCATION OF PAGE!!

5. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is true, but I'm telling you dolphin's implementation does not work very well. Find a creative way to do it (not necessarily getting rid of the gesture window) and it'll be a great feature. Just like xscope's pin wheel zoom, and long press to open a new window feature.

Also I'm wondering if there us a way to have a small area that you swipe over to invoke the gesture command to tell xscope that your doing a gesture. That way no tapping to get a window is involved. Just start in a particular place and immediately continue doing the gesture. Kinda like how swype is able to identify what your are trying to type.

Less clutter and it's faster, i don't have to think about wanting to do a gesture, I just do it. The flow of browsing is un interrupted. Whether this is possible our not I don't know but I'm hoping for a creative solution.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk