German Court Rules that Motorola Must Recall All Android Tablets and Smartphones

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
How did the judge justify a recall? Recalls are for defective items.

I don't get why they can't seem to attach a reasonable punishment, like say .25 cents per device.
If Moto wants to keep the code they must buy a license. Simple done and nobody is banned from a market.

rherron

Reaction score
If my auto manufacturer sends out a recall its still up to me whether or not I do anything about it. Ok so the Xoom won't get the next Jelly Bean update.
I'll say it again. This needs to be looked at for what it is; monopoly attempts on Apple's part and Anti Trust should be coming into play by now. If Apple was willing to accept compensation for their patents is one thing but attempts at forcing no competition is anti trust.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

They're probably going to have to recall unsold units(i.e. remove from store shelves). I don't think people will have to turn over devices they already own.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
iGermany ya

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

armeddroid

Reaction score
SMH @ these patent wars. I am just about done reading about them.
Idk what Google is doing about it but it seems like they just letting Apple stomp on them.
:icon_cussing:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SMH @ these patent wars. I am just about done reading about them.
Idk what Google is doing about it but it seems like they just letting Apple stomp on them.
:icon_cussing:

Apple isn't suing Google, they're going after the manufacturers that use Android. Google is going after Apple in a separate set of suits. Most of the suits bright by Apple have been overturned on appeal but all of the suits Google has brought up against Apple have held up on appeal.
Last year the Tab was banned for sale in Germany but only units distributed from Samsung hubs in Germany were affected so retailers just got them from different distributors. This will probably shake out the similarly, won't be more than a temporary minor inconvenience to German owners.
Look for both Samsung and HTC to be suing Apple very soon over LTE on the iPhone 5.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

armeddroid

Reaction score
Apple isn't suing Google, they're going after the manufacturers that use Android. Google is going after Apple in a separate set of suits. Most of the suits bright by Apple have been overturned on appeal but all of the suits Google has brought up against Apple have held up on appeal.
Last year the Tab was banned for sale in Germany but only units distributed from Samsung hubs in Germany were affected so retailers just got them from different distributors. This will probably shake out the similarly, won't be more than a temporary minor inconvenience to German owners.
Look for both Samsung and HTC to be suing Apple very soon over LTE on the iPhone 5.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Well, I am familiar with the Samsung/Motorola and HTC wanting to hit up Apple for the LTE issue but there is still no evidence whether or not if they have a good case against Apple. Apple may not be hitting up Google directly but indirectly they are. Apple is going after the major distributors of Android and winning their cases.
Appeals is one thing but an appeal is no different then saying "you lost but you have a chance to lessen the damage or have the case dismissed". So there is no telling what Moto, HTC or Samsung can do against Apple.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They don't have contracts in Germany, do they?
I mean could you imagine that happening hear.
"Ok so you want my phone that I paid $200 for. So you need to give me my $200 and pay to get me out of my contract..."

And on the other hand, too: if you got a letter from Moto saying "due to a lawsuit you must send your phone in"...
It's not a recall because they burst into flames, but for a lawsuit. Yea...; I'm guessing not a lot of phones are going to get returned...
Nice to think that this court gave this some serious thought before ruling...