German Court Rules that Motorola Must Recall All Android Tablets and Smartphones

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Apple's global patent war against the various Android manufacturers has heated up once again. This time, it's Motorola in Apple's crosshairs. A German court just handed down a devastating verdict against Motorola for infringing on Apple's "rubber-band" scrolling patent. This was also one of the key patents in Apple's fight versus Samsung in California recently. The court ruled that Motorola Mobility owed Apple damages for past infringement, but the most damaging blow was that the court ordered Motorola to recall all of their Android tablets and smartphones from Germany. Here's a quote with the most important details of this story,

These patent wars certainly are mentally exhausting...

Source: TheGuardian
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

W.

T.

F.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Eh, just keep putting out the same boring phone and put all efforts to lawsuits! Yay for everyone! :blink:
  4. Captmilk

Captmilk New Member

Apple can't get everyone to swallow the iPhone brainwash, so they start suing everyone. They should take a cue from Microsoft and just license their patents. Why can't they accept that not everyone [gets excited] when they touch an iPhone. I said it before and i'll say it again, the iPhone is old technology, in the same category as a walkman or a lazer disc player or even a discman!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012
  5. WildcatRudy

WildcatRudy New Member

I would not say old technology, but generic technology. To me it's like a car: it's pretty hard to build a car without it doing functionally all the same things. If apple made cars and had their way, they'd probably try to sue for dash-mounted information screens, music playback, or even the turn signal stalk. Let's face it--smartphones are so accepted around the world and share so many similar ideas and technologies that to me, I consider all of them to be rather "generic." At least on our side of the fence, we have some individuality and pick phones that suit our needs and personalities. We shouldn't deny the Jesusphone crowd their own uniqueness either; however, we do not need their generic products forced on us by the courts.

This patent thing has gotten way too out of hand. They need more like Judge Posner out there, shooting down disputes with prejudice. Not judges like Koh who come across as being on apple's payroll...
  6. orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo New Member

I can't wait for Apple to be hit with a multi-billion dollar judgment and a ban on the new iPhone5.
  7. Captmilk

Captmilk New Member

They are selling 2011 Tech in a new box. Also they are just now releasing a 4G phone. In the computer world, when you buy lets say a laptop, the day you bring it home it's old tech, especially a year later. i'm just saying that a year after the 4GS came out and what are they pushing now the almost same thing with 4G----weak
  8. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. Further still, how do you assess damages for something like that? Is the court really going to accept the claim that people bought Moto devices and not Apple because of bounce back scrolling, or that something that simple even has a dollar value? It's become clear that those German courts see things very differently than the rest of the world.

Apple, you suck.
  9. quaffapint

quaffapint New Member

^this
  10. tyvin

tyvin New Member

Bill Gates comes to mind when I first heard about Apple and Samsung...you know the Microsoft/monopoly thing etc... Well; if Apple kicks everyone out and corners the market making it impossible for others to compete isn't that a monopoly. I was on Gate's side back then but I hope someone gets smart and brings a lawsuit against Apple. That's like Mesopotamia bringing a lawsuit against Egypt for creating things with a wheel. The wheel may have been first created in Mesopotamia but what right after a certain amount of time has passed does Mesopotamia get to hold on the idea of the wheel. Everyone's seen the wheel so why can't they use the wheel for creating items that bring pleasure to all mankind?

I know...I got up too early :happy3:
  11. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If my auto manufacturer sends out a recall its still up to me whether or not I do anything about it. Ok so the Xoom won't get the next Jelly Bean update.
    I'll say it again. This needs to be looked at for what it is; monopoly attempts on Apple's part and Anti Trust should be coming into play by now. If Apple was willing to accept compensation for their patents is one thing but attempts at forcing no competition is anti trust.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
  12. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

good. Now maybe Google will get serious with suing Apple over the Moto patents they recently acquired
  13. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

One can only hope and wait

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2
  14. Valvoline

Valvoline Member

Honestly, Apple has no serious hold on any technology that other companies don't already have. All apples law suits are all style and function related, but they're getting their asses handed to them when it comes to "real" technology. Apple is so pretty, Apple is so pretty! Their tech is old and genetic, smh.
  15. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The funny thing about this...I actually dont like that feature. Whenever I try a launcher, thats one of the first features I turn off.

And the RAZR and Maxx, maybe Bionic dont have the rubber band effect. It has the glow. So it cant be all Motorola phones in Germany. I have a feeling this is older phones. Maybe phones with the older versions of Blur.
  16. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

How did the judge justify a recall? Recalls are for defective items.

I don't get why they can't seem to attach a reasonable punishment, like say .25 cents per device.
    If Moto wants to keep the code they must buy a license. Simple done and nobody is banned from a market.
  17. rherron

rherron New Member

They're probably going to have to recall unsold units(i.e. remove from store shelves). I don't think people will have to turn over devices they already own.
  18. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

iGermany ya

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  19. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

SMH @ these patent wars. I am just about done reading about them.
    Idk what Google is doing about it but it seems like they just letting Apple stomp on them.
    :icon_cussing:
  20. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Apple isn't suing Google, they're going after the manufacturers that use Android. Google is going after Apple in a separate set of suits. Most of the suits bright by Apple have been overturned on appeal but all of the suits Google has brought up against Apple have held up on appeal.
    Last year the Tab was banned for sale in Germany but only units distributed from Samsung hubs in Germany were affected so retailers just got them from different distributors. This will probably shake out the similarly, won't be more than a temporary minor inconvenience to German owners.
    Look for both Samsung and HTC to be suing Apple very soon over LTE on the iPhone 5.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
Search tags for this page
droid x2 recall

kevlar wallpaper

kevlar wallpaper hd
motorola cool logo wallpaper
motorola droid stalk wallpaper

motorola logo wallpaper

motorola logo wallpaper hd

motorola logo wallpapers