Genious plan Feedback wanted

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
You know when you first get your phone and say you want to check weather or Facebook and you have to go through the time to find it in the market and download and install and it takes forever! Here's my solution.

Making a update.zip that has all the main apps everyone uses that you can flash and BAM! No hassle as simple as that! Here's the main apps I can think of

-Facebook
-Twitter
-MySpace
-Weather
-DroidForums...DUH!:)
-My Verizon
-Netflix
-Ttorrent, comes in handy XP
-Rom Manager
-Rom customizer
-Dolphin browser

Give me more everyone uses please and I will add. But don't take my idea pls

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
You can do that easily with Titanium Backup. Also, there's no "o" in genius...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Might want to include a dictionary app as well, just for kicks. :happy:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Would be nice if you can make a pack like a app that has all the most common applications and I can select which one to install and if you get enough apps in this pack it needs to have a search function so I can easily find the ones that I want , also a rating system would be nice so if I don't know something about an app in the pack I can see how good it is , or even better a comment section , but I think that's impossible .

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Hmm. Piracy:) how about cracked apps. But idk if that is allowed here some apps are just overpriced

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Hmm. Piracy:) how about cracked apps. But idk if that is allowed here

Posting info or discussions about cracked apps are not allowed. As long as the apps contained in the .zip are free and not paid for apps, there shouldn't be a problem.
Just a friendly reminder:)

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Issue I see with that would be you would have to make a pack of them for each version of software/phone. I know some stuff on netflix does not work on all phones yet. I remember google adding where a software creater could add multiple version of software under one market entry to combat the compatiblity issue.
You know when you first get your phone and say you want to check weather or Facebook and you have to go through the time to find it in the market and download and install and it takes forever! Here's my solution.

Making a update.zip that has all the main apps everyone uses that you can flash and BAM! No hassle as simple as that! Here's the main apps I can think of

-Facebook
-Twitter
-MySpace
-Weather
-DroidForums...DUH!:)
-My Verizon
-Netflix
-Ttorrent, comes in handy XP
-Rom Manager
-Rom customizer
-Dolphin browser

Give me more everyone uses please and I will add. But don't take my idea pls

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Joe's Feedback

You can do that easily with Titanium Backup. Also, there's no "o" in genius...

I've never successfully done this with Titanium Backup. Are you referring to the update.zip (requiring ZipSigner 2) option?

I use Titanium Backup regularly but don't know how to do what is described above.

Feedback @ WilfulHippo [OP]

It's a great idea, however it only works for you. Others will waste time uninstalling some of your APKs and waste more time installing the ones you missed out. But it's a good suggestion to others looking to make their own.

Last edited:
OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok I got all the apks and made them into a flashable package and signed it and I can say it works for Droid x, Droid Global, and nexus s I will release in a couple of days when I add more apps.