General rom question

rosso

Reaction score
I am on z4 rooted froyo and have been contemplating tryin Liberty. Downloaded the Liberty Tool Box pro. While looking around I noted a list of what I think are stock apps for download; camera, music, contacts etc. Doesthe existence of these indicate that the functions these apps control are not part of the ROM? Not an issue but I don't want to go to take a picture and not have a camera etc....
I was not thrilled with OTA GB so I sbfd back. I plan on using the Liberty FROYO ROM for my first go at this. From the point of view of a first time ROM install is there any reason to not start at Liberty FROYO andif all goes well make the jump to LGB?
Sent from my rooted Droid X (FROYO)

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Liberty Froyo 2.0.1 or whatever is good, BUT, JRummy isn't doing anymore development so what you see is what you get from here on out. And the reason the camera apps etc come that way is because its a custom ROM and removed bloatware causes even those things to come off, but he gives you an alternative to install any and all bloatware back if you choose. If you must use 2.0.1 do so, but if you jump to LGB make sure you follow instructions to update the kernel etc, probably install GB .1, then .4, .8, and .9

KOBALT

Reaction score
I highly recommend Liberty's better half... Justice ROM. Wickid fast. No issues on my part. LOTS and LOTS of customizations.

On DarkSlide X right now, btw. I like variety. I change ROMS every week. DSX is great. I ran Justice 2 weeks ago. Ran CM7 last week(which Justice is based off of).

OP
rosso

rosso

Reaction score
Liberty Froyo 2.0.1 or whatever is good, BUT, JRummy isn't doing anymore development so what you see is what you get from here on out. And the reason the camera apps etc come that way is because its a custom ROM and removed bloatware causes even those things to come off, but he gives you an alternative to install any and all bloatware back if you choose. If you must use 2.0.1 do so, but if you jump to LGB make sure you follow instructions to update the kernel etc, probably install GB .1, then .4, .8, and .9

Ok I understand. I guess I didn't think of the camera as bloat. The BS apps that can't be uninstalled absolutely but a camera, contacts, and some way to view pictures seem essential to me as does email. So the idea would be to use a favorite app from the market or install the stock apps as needed.
Don't want to sound too clueless, just want to have some idea of where I am going before I get there.
As far as LGB goes stock GB still has a lot of quirks, as I saidi wasn't impressed. Will flashing LGB over rooted GB resolve any of them most especially the random reboots...
There is a sticky that details how to go from OTA GB to LGB. Obviously step 1 is to SBF to FROYO. However it doesn't suggest installing succesive versions of LGB. Just says to use most recent...
I have read through it and those that have followed it seem to have been succesful...again just wa nt to be sure.
Thanks for your response

Ross

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok I understand. I guess I didn't think of the camera as bloat. The BS apps that can't be uninstalled absolutely but a camera, contacts, and some way to view pictures seem essential to me as does email. So the idea would be to use a favorite app from the market or install the stock apps as needed.
Don't want to sound too clueless, just want to have some idea of where I am going before I get there.
As far as LGB goes stock GB still has a lot of quirks, as I saidi wasn't impressed. Will flashing LGB over rooted GB resolve any of them most especially the random reboots...
There is a sticky that details how to go from OTA GB to LGB. Obviously step 1 is to SBF to FROYO. However it doesn't suggest installing succesive versions of LGB. Just says to use most recent...
I have read through it and those that have followed it seem to have been succesful...again just wa nt to be sure.
Thanks for your response

Ross

Just sbf, root, use Droid 2 bootstrap and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache, install rooted GB files, then install Liberty v.09.

CM74DX

OP
rosso

rosso

Reaction score

Thanks for your response

Ross

Just sbf, root, use Droid 2 bootstrap and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache, install rooted GB files, then install Liberty v.09.

CM74DX

Thanks,

Sounds like plan.

Ross