General review, complaints, and info

rage151

Reaction score
TB Screen Quality

Picked my TB up yesterday evening and so far, I am mildly impressed. Had a rooted D1 and the wife has an X. One of the first things I noticed is the screen. Sure, the colors are awesome! But I do not think it is as clear as the X's screen. We put the same pic on both phones screen and...+1 for the X (clarity). Her X also takes better pictures.

Dunno, the Bionic is looking better every day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Parafly9

Reaction score
Did your droid do landscape? Mine never did the dialer landscape. So in the car, it was always sideways.

That said, the home screens for me won't go sideways either, I just asked that same question in another thread.

Actually I just double checked my Droid x and the dialer and home screens both go into landscape.

I was using Bugless Beast ROM. Maybe that ROM didn't let the dialer go landscape. It is annoying on this phone though how it doesn't do that.

spazzym

Reaction score
Tested this fastboot feature on 2 TB's. My cousins works beatifully, boots super fast. Mine however does not. Ive tried pulling the battery, reformatting sd card and even went so far as a full factory reset and still wont work. Will be going to vzw in the morning and if yhey cant get it working ill be requesting a replacement that does work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

champaned_out

Reaction score
i agree with you on the screen quality.. the X maybe slightly better
but as far as the cameras go.. the Thunderbolt's camera quality is superior over the X.. the pictures are much more vivd and colorful
Low light pictures from the TB are much more clearer and visable over the X... my father has had the droid X for about 5months now and ive played with it like it was my own phone and from what i can see there is no competition between the two

alot of people here that have own motorola droids know that motorola lacks in the camera department.. my droid 1's camera was a joke when it came to low light pictures

bassJAM

Reaction score
My rep was saying the same thing about the 4G system being overloaded since he had trouble activating mine at first. Now sure if I buy that or not. What ended up working was he took the sim card out and put it back in. He doesn't think he had it seated right the first time he tried activating my phone.

sincerity

Reaction score
Update 12hours and 30 mins medium use on 3g and 40% left...not bad

Do you have screen brightness manually controlled? Do you have syncing turned off? Anything else? (Curious cuz I did 4 hours and I went down 40%)

Screen manual at round 30% and sync on...wireless on gps on.... Now 40% still and near 14 hrs....no idea whhy is so good...id screenshot it. But don't know how with no root

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
every time i plug in my thunderbolt to the USB port on the computer I get a pop up asking if I want to install some vcast media manager thing. I click no and it still opens up internet explorer to a Verizon page asking to download it. How do you stop that?
I just gave in and allowed it to install, however I have no plans to use it.

mitchb2

Reaction score
USB port location is horrible. Really uncomfortable to holds while plugged in.

drice72

Reaction score
My GF got hers today. Charged it up then powered it up. The phone dialed and tried to activate on its own. It didn't work after an hour with vzw tech support it was determined that the sim had fried. The tech guy told me that they had expirenced problems with the 4g and *228 activation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I was looking at upgrading to a family plan and noticed that the TB was $199. Is this a special price for family share? I was gonna change it to a 3 line service. I am currently on an individual account. Anyone else come across this? Also my NE2 does not kick in until June, so that is not an option.

Full Retail Price $599.99
PRICE with 2-Year contract $199.99
Includes Free Shipping
Overnight Shipping Is Free

1 2 3 4 5Add to Cart
Data pack required
Early Termination Fee $350 (1yr and 2yr contracts)

Last edited:

aka_rob

Reaction score
What were they thinking!

Has anyone tried using the kickstand with the charger plugged in? Its not really possible unless you drill a hole in whatever you're setting the phone on and run the charger through it. Oversight.. maybe, but c'mon HTC has some experience right? videos kill the battery faster than anything who wouldn't want to have their phone plugged in while watching a video?

On a side note.. I am very happy with the phone otherwise.. and to my surprise there is some LTE in the Portland/Vancouver area. I'm not sure how accurate the speedcheck app is, but I have got as high as 19mb/sec dl and 25mb/sec ul. Pretty awesome..

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the kickstand with the charger plugged in? Its not really possible unless you drill a hole in whatever you're setting the phone on and run the charger through it. Oversight.. maybe, but c'mon HTC has some experience right? videos kill the battery faster than anything who wouldn't want to have their phone plugged in while watching a video?

On a side note.. I am very happy with the phone otherwise.. and to my surprise there is some LTE in the Portland/Vancouver area. I'm not sure how accurate the speedcheck app is, but I have got as high as 19mb/sec dl and 25mb/sec ul. Pretty awesome..

Those speeds are awesome, I can't wait to get into a LTE area. The placement of the micro usb charger forces you to stand the phone upright, which doesn't do anything for those that like watching videos. I watched a couple of youtube videos myself at work one night and saw my battery take a nice drop. But no complaints here because the TB still outperforms my D1 in battery life.

hogowner

Reaction score
No Blinking LCD

Is it just me...or am I missing something.....

I do not get any "blinking" LCD lights on my notification bar. no blinking when I receicve a text or an e mail.....I have the LCD to blink in all of the settings.....???

Am I missing anything?
Thanks