General review, complaints, and info

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I can kill the stock battery in under 6 hours. Of course it's not sleeping at all. That is with heavy usage. I'm wondering how the extended batteries are holding up. The bloatware is draining them as well.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Wii remotes don't work with Sense UI. If you do know one that works let me know. :]

Dang, never would have guessed it, did some googling and you are definitely correct. Seems the bluetooth stack which is embedded deep into the sense is lacking. /sigh

Well, looking forward to getting root going and some custom ROM's sans sense!

want a droid

Reaction score
Got my tb...where is my LTE sim card??

How come I can't find it anywhere in the box? Can someone who ordered online tell me where it is, I will be furious if they didn't give me one.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
Is it already in the phone? When I bought mine in the store it was not in the box, they took it out from behind the desk.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Sorry, can't help you. This was one of the reasons why I wanted to buy it in the store to make sure it was working.

want a droid

Reaction score
I was still at college yesterday (no car) so I ordered online and when I got home today it was waiting for me...with no sim card....

Think if I go to a vzw store they'll give me one?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Call 611 and see what they say.

Reaction score
I was still at college yesterday (no car) so I ordered online and when I got home today it was waiting for me...with no sim card....

Think if I go to a vzw store they'll give me one?

Did they already install the card? I ordered mine online and it was pre-installed by someone. (Which I thought was wierd as the "Void" seal on the plastic bag for my phone was broken.)

sampson2269

Reaction score
Screen Turns On, On its own!

I keep having this problem after pressing the screen lock button or leaving the phone idle and letting the screen shut off. The phone after 15 min will turn the screen on and wont shut back off until i hit the screen button again, and will continue to do this. For some reason when its charging this doesnt happen. Any suggestions?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I want to get this phone really bad but not sure about the battery life. That really concerns me. I'm gonna wait to see if I hear anything else regarding the battery life.

Also can anyone confirm about changing the color of the LED through handcent??

Seriously, just dump the brightness down to 25% or so and you will get at least 6 hours out of the standard battery. If you are really worried, get a 2nd one and/or extended battery.

I believe you can change the color of the LED in handcent, but can't change the blink to a "steady on."

6 hours...really?? I didn't know it was that bad. So your telling me without touching my phone at a days of work, by the end it will be close to dead?

I haven't performed a battery test personally, but I know that if you use your phone lightly, you battery will last far more than 6 hours. Hell I was impressed with the 20-30 apps I downloaded without it severely affecting my battery life, but it hard to tell with just the bar at the top.

Reaction score
The sim tray is empty.

Hmm... I would go to the store and let them know. I had a SIM card issue with a Wireless modem I purchased for our business account and they ended up giving me a new SIM because the original one had issues. If they believe that you have already purchased one, they will try to charge you for it (if you do it online).

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
1st to buy from my local VZW when the store opened. Took about 20 mins for the activation to fully go through. As for my thoughts on the Thunderbolt.

Pros:
extremely snappy processor
music player design better than most android music players
camera takes excellent pics outdoors
good pics indoors
very customizable (too much for me)
HTC Sense

Cons:
the battery compartment door (ridiculously challenging to take off)
restarting occassionally causes lockup after lighting during boot animation
nieces 4th generation ipod produces bettery front facing camera pics

Edit:
No the ipod with the Retina display makes the pics look better but after placing them side by side on the computer it is obvious that the TB takes superior pics.

Last edited:

craig8868

Reaction score
wondering if anyone else has noticed when making a call that the city and state is wrong for a contact. I have called 2 people in my contact list here in Arizona and one said Naples, FL and the other in MA. wierd. anyone know how I can fix this issue?

thanks

PS> Loving this phone so far....even in 3g, this thing is super fast.