General review, complaints, and info

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've been reading every TB review I can find. They range from unfavorable to average, but that's about it. Many of them say to wait for the next wave of phones. I'm still on the fence. I hate my Droid 1, but I'm worried the TB will disappoint after the initial buzz.
It's a 1st generation 4G LTE device, of course it will have some issues but the benefits of this phone out weigh them all for me.

The phone is super responsive, quicker than my DX. Which is kinda sad because I loved my DX.

F

FlyFishinX2

I've been reading every TB review I can find. They range from unfavorable to average, but that's about it. Many of them say to wait for the next wave of phones. I'm still on the fence. I hate my Droid 1, but I'm worried the TB will disappoint after the initial buzz.

sounds to me like you have an issue deciphering peoples reviews , most things I've read from actual users are positive the only things they are saying is that they're having probs setting this and that up which is understandable especially for me because I'm new to this type of phone. I'm loving this thing so far and can easily see myself having it for at least 20 months

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

sounds to me like you have an issue deciphering peoples reviews , most things I've read from actual users are positive the only things they are saying is that they're having probs setting this and that up which is understandable especially for me because I'm new to this type of phone. I'm loving this thing so far and can easily see myself having it for at least 20 months
I agree. Going from Moto to HTC is interesting. Coming from another device or blackberry would be even worse. It's all about the customizations and the learning curves.

flooritnfly

Reaction score
Stupid question....(bear with me)

Ok...this is a stupid question, I know, and I'm sorry (smartphone newbie here).

I've noticed I seem to only be able to remove/uninstall apps I have added myself. For example, when I try to remove an app that came preloaded on the TB (let's go with "Friend Stream" for example), I go into "All Apps", hold down the "Friend Stream" icon, drag it to "Remove" in the lower-right-hand corner, but then I go back to "All App"s and it is still there?!?

I downloaded an uninstaller app but that only removes the apps I've added as well. I assume rooting your phone is the only way to get rid of the preinstalled bloatware/pointless apps?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Correct. The app drawer will show all applications, until we get root to remove the VZW crapola.

lte

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the TB has a swype style keyboard option?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

I did install Swype, it's working just fine :) if your in their beta program, it will work...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
OK... I posted some initial thoughts yesterday. I've been hammering my 4G connection with the TB all morning. Here's what I've learned about the TB after 24 hours.

If you live in a VZW "4G Extended" area and not in the heart of the 4G zone in D.C. you're going to be switched to the 3G network instead. Check VZWs 4G map to find out where you fall. But 3G reception is fantastic.

Here in downtown D.C. the 4G is AWESOME. Good job VZW is all I can say.

The battery life gets a C-, it doesn't take much to start chopping away at your percentage.

Overall, the phone gets a B-, It's just like having a DX with 4G capability (except you lose a few features like HDMI, and no blur... which to me is a plus) Except for 4G it's not that much of a hardware step-up.

I like it, I'll see if I'm comfortable enough to commit to it for the long haul.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to thank the OP for starting this thread. We are going to consolidate these threads, every little issue can't be it's own thread. This is an excellent place to put these 1-3 line threads.

If you do have a general question or complaint please put it in this thread.

Thank you.

mitchb2

Reaction score
That's quite a restocking fee, considering they will just use the phone as a refurb replacement for someone's broken phone.

Hmmmm....what to do what to do. Lunch hour is coming, and that's when I would head over to Vz.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Battery life report?

So far the battery life has been about as expected...not real good, but not awful either. Let's hear from folks as they go through more charge cycles and see how it's doing. I realize that usage is extremely variable and there is no good way to measure it, but give it a try...light, moderate, heavy use.

Also how are the extended batteries doing, both the 1600 slim version and the monster size 2700?? I'd like the 1600 if it's going to make a significant difference.