General review, complaints, and info

wisdroid

Reaction score
aefde5d6-d5f1-56c5.jpg

I posted a pic of one of mine at my store after the sales reps had been playing with it all day. The battery life, at least on this one, seems to be pretty good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BzB

Reaction score
got my TB this morning. it was partially charged and i've been using it off and on all day between charging sessions, so no feedback on battery life yet. now that i've got it mostly configured the way i want we'll see how battery life is on the stock battery after a full charge tonight. i've already ordered a slim extended battery, as i do with every phone i get, so i'll have a good baseline to compare.

a few things i've noticed so far... coming from the inc the size difference jumps out at you. goes for the screen too... the amoled screen on the inc has much better contrast (to be expected), but the TB seems to be sharper and have better all around color reproduction... in most tasks you can't really tell a difference in general speed between the two phones. the incredible was already very snappy, TB is too. where the difference become more noticeable is when doing things like editing a vid with vidtrim, TB blows through it faster than inc...i haven't checked 4g until i got home, but so far my speed tests aren't living up to 4g speeds. getting 2mb down max. granted i do live in an area that shows extended 4g coverage. will test it when i get out tomorrow and see how it goes...

need r00t desperately. the vzw bloat that stays in the background (cityid, tunewiki, vcast, etc) is killing me! you can't even uninstall slacker?! cheering for root to come soon.

no 4g/LTE toggle is slightly annoying. i'm on wifi most of the time so it's not that big of a deal (phone turns 4g data off when wifi established), but i would like to have control over when 4g is on like the EVO widget does.

i expect the TB will be the whipping boy for working out real world 4g issues in the benefit of future phones. i'm ok with that, we'll all benefit. :) that's it for now. great phone so far!

Last edited:

leehblanc

Reaction score
got my TB this morning. it was partially charged and i've been using it off and on all day between charging sessions, so no feedback on battery life yet. now that i've got it mostly configured the way i want we'll see how battery life is on the stock battery after a full charge tonight. i've already ordered a slim extended battery, as i do with every phone i get, so i'll have a good baseline to compare.

a few things i've noticed so far... coming from the inc the size difference jumps out at you. goes for the screen too... the amoled screen on the inc has much better contrast (to be expected), but the TB seems to be sharper and have better all around color reproduction... in most tasks you can't really tell a difference in general speed between the two phones. the incredible was already very snappy, TB is too. where the difference become more noticeable is when doing things like editing a vid with vidtrim, TB blows through it faster than inc...i haven't checked 4g until i got home, but so far my speed tests aren't living up to 4g speeds. getting 2mb down max. granted i do live in an area that shows extended 4g coverage. will test it when i get out tomorrow and see how it goes...

need r00t desperately. the vzw bloat that stays in the background (cityid, tunewiki, vcast, etc) is killing me! you can't even uninstall slacker?! cheering for root to come soon.

no 4g/LTE toggle is slightly annoying. i'm on wifi most of the time so it's not that big of a deal (phone turns 4g data off when wifi established), but i would like to have control over when 4g is on like the EVO widget does.

i expect the TB will be the whipping boy for working out real world 4g issues in the benefit of future phones. i'm ok with that, we'll all benefit. :) that's it for now. great phone so far!

My fiance and two sons have EVOs. Once they rooted and debloated there was SIGNIFICANT battery improvement. My fiance is a text/talkaholic and she once made it 1 day 16hrs on a charge after rooting and debloating. I don't know if we'll see the same improvement, but I HAVE been hitting f5 on the root threads at XDA all day ;)

BzB

Reaction score
we'll probably see root by end of the month if not sooner. the folks over xda never let us down. :)

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
My fiance and two sons have EVOs. Once they rooted and debloated there was SIGNIFICANT battery improvement. My fiance is a text/talkaholic and she once made it 1 day 16hrs on a charge after rooting and debloating. I don't know if we'll see the same improvement, but I HAVE been hitting f5 on the root threads at XDA all day ;)

That is really encouraging. I'm waiting for an official root, as far as I can see the only root being done was on a pre-production version. I'll wait till a lot of people have tried it successfully on post-production :).

bigdad63

Reaction score
The battery life on this is horrible. I hope it can be fixed

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Remove the Auto-Brightness and slide it down to about 20%. That is how you will fix your battery.

There was an X right next to the TB in the store. I put the same 'water with leaves' live wallpaper on both and with the TB brightness turned up to max the TB screen was significantly dimmer than the X. What good is a brilliant screen if you have to turn it down so low to save battery life? Liked the rest of the package, but the battery life is probably gonna' be a deal-breaker. I'm out and about all of the time and I don't want to be tethered to a charger or maintaining an extra battery.:motdroidvert:

Reaction score
It should not have a problem with normal games from the market, or some of the other older emulators (NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, N64).

fyi - PSOne is several years older than N64

It should not have a problem with normal games from the market, or some of the other older emulators (NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, N64).

fyi - PSOne is several years older than N64

But N64 has always been easier to emulate for some reason. Probably because of the difference between cartridge games and disk based games.

Thank you both for clarifying for us, both are great points. I guess I was referring to the difference in replicating the technology more than the year the system came out.

oresteez

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt will not be the best phone available for gaming, but it will be no slouch either. There are several other phones available right now that can beat it in terms of gaming graphics and speed. .

Can you tell us what the other phones are that are currently out that are better than the TB for games?

I'm still on a D1 and am deciding whether I should take the plunge or keep waiting...

Parafly9

Reaction score
One thing that sucks is the lack of physical keys. It's just not easy to control with on screen buttons.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Time to bust out a wiimote :) I wish they would support a PS3 controller instead though. I just use a classic controller hooked up to a wiimote, but the PS3 one would be so much better for portability.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've been reading every TB review I can find. They range from unfavorable to average, but that's about it. Many of them say to wait for the next wave of phones. I'm still on the fence. I hate my Droid 1, but I'm worried the TB will disappoint after the initial buzz.

whatruckus

Reaction score
for those wanting an extended battery without buying another back cover:

seidioonline.com

it's only 200mAh more, but it's better than nothing. just thought i'd share.

also, i've had my TB since yesterday and i love it. had the Droid1 previously. i very much like HTC's UI compared to Motorola's. i had a battery issue too...until i realized that my brightness had been set to the max %. d'oh! turned it down, let's see how it'll do. :] going to buy a spare battery anyways, i'm a nerd like that. plus, i'm a girl and i can just keep it in my purse...along with the kitchen sink. ;]

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Wii remotes don't work with Sense UI. If you do know one that works let me know. :]

Savagehearts

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the TB has a swype style keyboard option?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App