General review, complaints, and info

texanmike

Reaction score
Nice phone, but not so sure it is much of an upgrade from the X. So far the cons: slight hiss on my end when on calls, had to set up my ATT email manually, still have not been able to get my exchange email set up. Haven't had these issues on previous Android phones. Would also like an app for video calls.....otherwise the second camera is useless. Pros: form factor is great, feels really good in your hands, sense has some good eye candy.

Video calls, try tango. Even works over 3G. Doesn't work great but it will work across platforms. Its a thought.

Mike

tu3218

Reaction score
6 hours...really?? I didn't know it was that bad. So your telling me without touching my phone at a days of work, by the end it will be close to dead?

Are you not aware that for most smartphones this is the case? Before I rooted my OG Droid I couldn't get through a day...

I don't know any smartphone that gets 6 hours battery life unless your on it for that whole time. I know they don't have great battery life but 6 hours would be rediculous. But he clarified saying he was just throwing a number out, and he actually gets 8+. Which I can live with if I can get 10 hours or so. I'd be happy with that.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Well, this thread convinced me that the tb was overhyped, as I suspected. I always believed the leaks and artificial delays were designed to get more early adoptees. for those of us who can't stay plugged plugged in all day, the battery sounds like a deal breaker. Bloatware is a problem. I don't want to spend money on something that may possibly be improved by rooting. I wanted it to be good out of the box.

If people are already disappointed, it's only going to get worse as they find more annoyances.

I absolutely LOVE my Thunderbolt. I had a Droid I Rooted and I've tried every ROM. And I l o v e the Thunderbolt.

Consider this, even with a rooted (or non-rooted) Droid, I'd eat half my battery just by using the Droid I for 2 hours non-stop. People are hyping on the bad battery life but forget how bad all smartphone battery life is. You use it, it's gunna drain the battery because #1 the screen takes a ton of juice to light and #2 data streaming takes a bit of power to broadcast.

millbean

Reaction score
I believe you can change the color of the LED in handcent, but can't change the blink to a "steady on."[/QUOTE]
no way to change the led color that ive found yet

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
6 hours...really?? I didn't know it was that bad. So your telling me without touching my phone at a days of work, by the end it will be close to dead?

Are you not aware that for most smartphones this is the case? Before I rooted my OG Droid I couldn't get through a day...

I don't know any smartphone that gets 6 hours battery life unless your on it for that whole time. I know they don't have great battery life but 6 hours would be rediculous. But he clarified saying he was just throwing a number out, and he actually gets 8+. Which I can live with if I can get 10 hours or so. I'd be happy with that.

Right, my comment wasn't on the 6 hours but on the fact that most smartphones die by the end of the day, even the oh so holy iPhone (yes I've got tons of family iPhone users).

paladin732

Reaction score
The battery life on this is horrible. I hope it can be fixed

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

tu3218

Reaction score

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yep. I picked up my TB this afternoon around 1. The included battery was at 20% right out of the box. It took a REALLY long time to recharge. When I took it off the charger I was back down to 20 percent within 5 hours. I can work with a weak battery, it just takes a spare battery and some proper back-planning.

Also, how is everyone's 4G strength? I had my status bar blink "4G"... literally BLINK. And I haven't seen it since. I live 10 miles from the Washington monument in Northern VA. When I go to work tomorrow in the heart of D.C. I'll see how it holds 4G. If I'm not impressed by tomorrow afternoon it's going back.

When using applications in real world situations it's not a noticeable speed improvement over my DX either.

I REALLY hope the 4G performance makes up for my first impression.

So far... not that impressed. I may hold out for a dual core phone if the TB doesn't pan out.

But I will say that I like Sense is soooooo much better than Blur.

Last edited:

sassyspicyvixen

Reaction score
I believe you can change the color of the LED in handcent, but can't change the blink to a "steady on."
no way to change the led color that ive found yet[/QUOTE]

When I go go to change my settings for the led to blink or even to turn it on it won't let me. ??? I never had this problem on my Droid 1.

lockman

Reaction score
Most useless thread in quite a while. Phones been out 13 hours, and it's over-hyped? Seriously? I've had mine since noon. All I know so far is that Sense is very different than what I'm used to. And it runs warmer than my X. And the power button is recessed more than I'd like. WorldOfJohnboy has had one longer than everyone else in here, and he's not complaining.
So I'd suggest that everyone that has one, give it a day or two, and everyone else, do a little research before you bash a product you don't even have.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving my phone. I am still enjoying it a ton. I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about but I LOVE my phone. This is coming from a guy who tried a new Rom every week on his OG Droid for over a year. lol. I'm really enjoying this phone. Really is an understatement.

AlexSB

Reaction score
I'm gonna be ordering mines in tomorrow...and with everyone talking about batter life, how much more juice would the supposed extended battery that doesn't add any bulk to the back, add?

Liberated Droid II