General Questions.

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by potterdood, May 15, 2011.

1. potterdood

potterdood New Member

Let's see if I can remember them all. To start off I've had the Incredible since launch day, but I couldn't pass on this phone, I am a huge fan of the Samoled screens. I got it on Saturday morning. Activated and did the gmail, it put my contacts in, but then I went through all the setup and put my aim, yahoo, twitter, and windows live id's in the Charge. Then I look and all of my google contacts are gone but it added the yahoo etc...so I delete them and can't figure out how to get my google contacts back on without restoring phone to stock. So I restored it and got the contacts back, made a Vcard from my Incredibles contacts, bc google won't put the contacts on my phone anymore. Now I have my contacts, but on some of them the facebook accounts didn't sync, how do I manually get them to sync? I had netflix on my Inc for a few days and now I got the Charge and it won't work, hope they get that working soon! I love the phone, and although I'm a huge fan of HTC, Samsung did a great job, I wish it had more internal memory, BUT you can't have your cake and eat it too lol. Hope y'all take the time to read and give me some feedback. I appreciate it in advance. Also, I can't get my facebook to sync the calendar with my calendar on my phone. I have some contacts that aren't showing the facebook pix and I want to manually add them like I did on my Inc, is there a way? I feel like a noob all over again, lol. Please help.
  2. Droid101

Droid101 Member

As far as gmail contacts and facebook events have you went into settings and then account and sync and make sure contacts is checked under your gmail account for sync? Same for the facebook account?
  3. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Led notification?
  4. Droid101

Droid101 Member

There is no LED notification but you can download an app called NOLED and it should be sufficient enough
  5. potterdood

potterdood New Member

Yeah my gmail things are checked and so are my facebook ones. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but I never had this happen on my Incredible. I even tried using Launcher Pro and doing the calendar and same thing happened. BUT it will sync events that I have on fbook, just not bdays.
  6. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Um not sure only other thing id say is either facebook doesn't support this anymore or try a factory reset and start from scratch.
  7. potterdood

potterdood New Member

I did that the 1st day I had it bc I thought I had done something wrong. Not sure if I mentioned it but I did figure out how to manually sync some contacts to fbook.
  8. larsonage

larsonage New Member

Does the Charge have a locked bootloader?
  9. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Went to testdrive the charge today. My thoughts:
    Screen looks really nice. Colors are super vibrant, TOO saturated I think. The screen was crying out for a higher resolution.
    My only real complaint is the buttons area near the bottom. The buttons feel ok, but there is a half inch gap between the buttons and the bottom of the screen. It's used of course as an area for samsung to place their name. Really annoying, as I'm used to the d1 and d2, which have a very small gap, maybe 1/8 inch with no logo/name between the soft buttons and screen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  10. oresteez

oresteez New Member

I love the buttons and i love the gap between the screen and the buttons...there's zero chance of ever hitting a button by accident...
    I hate when I accidentally hit a back button or a home button on my D1 when I'm in a game or some other program....
  11. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Cant say thats ever happened to me.
    I dont game though, and I'm pretty accurate with my fingers for the most part.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  12. oresteez

oresteez New Member

like all the time for me...maybe the bigger screen will lessen the chance also...but physical buttons should eliminate it , haha :)
  13. potterdood

potterdood New Member

yeah I've definitely hit the back and search buttons on accident before when swyping and theres no chance of that happening now, I work at Verizon and can easily sell this phone against any other phone, including the i*hone. I like it a lot, but my bdays still aren't syncing, and has anyone tried using their $25 credit toward the Samsung Media Hub? I got the code to work, but then I bought a movie and it won't download...
  14. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Yeah Im having the same issue with the media hub. I got one show to work but the rest dont seem to work appears to be hit or miss.
  15. devinhfox

devinhfox New Member

Damn dude, maybe you should up your ritalin dose.
    Kids these days, lol. Just sayin.
    must LOVE the fact they put a samsung logo right there for you to look at.
  16. potterdood

potterdood New Member

Yeah Im having the same issue with the media hub. I got one show to work but the rest dont seem to work appears to be hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I just went back into the media hub and tried to download the movie I bought and it's working now, and it's going super fast! It started about 3 min ago and it's already downloaded 260mb/936mb!
  17. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ok, so I just went back into the media hub and tried to download the movie I bought and it's working now, and it's going super fast! It started about 3 min ago and it's already downloaded 260mb/936mb![/QUOTE]

yeah all mine started working again. Im thinking it could just be that their servers are being overloaded.
  18. potterdood

potterdood New Member

& I got on with Samsung support and they couldn't help me figure out why my calendar isn't syncing with fbook birthdays, it's not a big deal, but I like keeping up with the bdays.
  19. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I was told by a Verizon guy in a Costco kiosk that the boot loader is unlocked (he owns one, and has rooted it already)...true?
  20. Droid101

Droid101 Member

This is true the bootloader is unlocked and root has been achieved. Sometime in the next few weeks we might see custom ROM for it and some type of recovery.