General Questions about my Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by michaelljones, Mar 12, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. michaelljones

michaelljones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need a pre done signature on my Pop3 email from my phone (name, address, etc.). I heard Touchdown has an app for that, does anyone know if Android will update to have that capability?
    Does Android plan to update and give spelling or word suggestions when using the keypad on the Droid?
  2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    K-9 email program (on the Marketplace) allows for signatures on your POP3 email accounts. It's a replacement to the stock "Email" program on the Droid.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If you have your pop3 email forwarded to gmail there is a spot in the settings for a signature. Click settings it's on the first tab on your Gmail account on line.
  4. michaelljones

michaelljones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks K-9 is what I needed. I do wonder, when I put my address in and go to the next line to enter address then City, State the email on phone is looks like what I expect, but when I look at copy on my desktop Outlook the address is all on one line. I have notice this on my other phones. Any ideas why?
  5. jpsasha

jpsasha New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if you can display the city and state you are calling before you connect a call? (Droid)
  6. number6

number6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Outlook has this nifty "feature" that removes line breaks it thinks shouldn't be there. There is usually a grey bar at the top of the message allowing you to put them back in. I think there may be a control buried -somewhere- deep in Outlook's config menus to disable this feature, but the location escapes me at the moment (and I'm on a Mac so I can't go hunting for it!).

One of Outlook's many behaviors I find irritating (because Outlook often assumes it knows better than me how my messages should be formated).