General question....

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
Please Delete! Thanks in advance!

I have a refurb droid 1, and I have 6 months left on my contract...I'm waiting till next year cause I heard verizon will unvail 2 new phones possibly 4g....I can wait that long, but not with this pos refurb droid 1...if it were to break "accidentally" would I get a droid 2..or another refurb droid 1???

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
Well it looks like my phone read my post! I was making my thread while the phone was dying, but created it in time...phone died, so when I got home I plugged it in to turn back on, and no luck.....waited an hour and tried again, STILL no luck...I have no clue what happened (HONESTLY) its died before, and I plugged it in and turned right on...this time no luck! Looks like ill be heading to Verizon tomorrow.

FootballRef

Reaction score
I think you will get another D1. At least that is what they was giving me tonight when I went to the corporate store. I ended up adding a line and getting an X. The extra line is $10/month. I also activated an old phone I had and I am not paying any data for the extra line. So, I think I came out ok.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It won't power on at all? Check the battery to see if it has any life in it (Voltmeter, anyone?). If it does then your phone is dead. If not, then you need to swap it out and try another battery because otherwise you're just stuck with a 10-15 dollar battery bill instead of getting a replacement phone.

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
It turned on for a few mins, I did a few things on it, froze then shut off again. I think it just needs to charge a lil longer, which is a first. Usually it turns on right away when I plug it in the charger! But it IS A REFURB and i've heard a lot of bad things about them, so I'm not surprised!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Me either. :)

Shouldn't take that long to charge, either. It may need a factory reset, but that might do nothing, so...

Who knows till more testing is done? :)

OP
Stealth_tC

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
It's not turning on at all now...can a reset be done without it turning on....like certain keys to hit while pressing the power button or something???

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
No. About the only thing you can do is check the battery to see if it has any charge with a volt meter and if it doesn't you can butcher a USB cable (any cable; save your Moto cable!) to trick the phone into thinking the battery is charged.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
if it were to break "accidentally" would I get a droid 2..or another refurb droid 1???
Don't post intent to commit insurance/warranty fraud on a public forum.

This is precisely why they're so reluctant to provide replacements of another model. The "upgrade via warranty/insurance" idea isn't new by any means and was abused long before you every thought of it.