General Question on streaming audio,

drchronos

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the world of Druid and I'm combing from a HTC. Windows phone and my question comes from some thing that is very natural for that kind of phone.

I have two subscriptions to radio shows, You go to their sites and sign in and then you click on a link and you get a single file or a file that contains about 20 files. Both comes from a section that is streaming file with the windows media player. I believe is called an asf file.

So is there a link to a general explanation as to how this can happen. Is there a program or a tutorial on how the druid which eschews in the world of Microsoft (just an observation, if you type the word into this program the phone will auto correct it so. There is a capital M instead of a small m. So much for the eschewing huh?)

So thanks in advance for anything you can contribute to my question.

Tom Goyett
(drchronos)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a few app's available to play ASF files, such as yxplayer2. I've never personally needed to stream ASF files, therefore I've never had experience, but I wanted to shed some light on your question.

P.S. It's Droid, not Druid. :wink:

OP
D

drchronos

Reaction score
There are a few app's available to play ASF files, such as yxplayer2. I've never personally needed to stream ASF files, therefore I've never had experience, but I wanted to shed some light on your question.

P.S. It's Droid, not Druid. :wink:

Hi there,

I'll look into the xyplayer thanks for the suggestion I will look into it. I'm going to look into the phone. The architecture of the chip and and the operating system. In the past for a number of years I worked as a JR unix administrator (which means that you are the one who has to do those weekend and early morning updates) and I work with web scrip programming like cold fusion, action script and Javscript along with mysql.

Besides that I gave up unix and c for visual basic and the world of programming astrology software. Then as I continued to work in this small company, when I left the company I went into web design with the marrying html, flash and the various scripting languages. I'm going to learn about programming applications for the device.

But I still like being in the Sage Business, That is probably why there was this synchronous slip with druid and droid. I have to admit that I've spent many more years in the druid world and now its time to get into android.

Thanks again for responding.

Tom Goyett

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App