General OS Lag loading homescreen and using droid

ralphtrent

Reaction score
I may be on to something

I posted this on another forum android yesterday. You may want to consider this.

Since the 2.2 upgrade, we were blessed with the lag time to display the home screen icons, as well as populate the app drawer. Its very frustrating. I have read many people trying different things to correct it. None of which have a lasting effect.

I think I may be on to something though. Most of us probably hit the home screen to get out of an app. I have started to use the back arrow button to get all-the-way out of an app. It looks like a decent work around. My home screen lag seems to still lag a bit but only when I pull it out of the desktop doc.

If this does help others, then it looks like the application stack is the issue. I have no other thoughts then that.

If anyone else can try this method and let me know your thoughts, I would appreciate it.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You may want to consider this.
I think I may be on to something though. Most of us probably hit the home screen to get out of an app. I have started to use the back arrow button to get all-the-way out of an app.

If anyone else can try this method and let me know your thoughts, I would appreciate it.

I think you are on to something. This does help(rooted or stock). Another one of our members, DROIDDOES, posted an explanation but I couldnt find it to re-post it here. And I couldnt remember what he said well enough to post it. But this does help with the redraws. I've been using the back button method for about a week and have seen a lot less redraws. It takes less time to back out of an app than to wait for the screen to redraw.

D1motoBRICE

Reaction score
Is there a fix similar that works NOT using launcherpro? I quit using launcherpro about a week ago and does the same lag on both stock and LP.

jleeusa

Reaction score
On rooted droid1 I have had the problem too. I have been recently trying to back out of apps rather than home button abd have some success. Another thing I have tried is to occasionally clear cache at the recivery screen, SEEMS to be working. I am not wise enough to know why these methods have been working, but they have for me. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Back your top speed down to 900 When I first over clocked I found that 1000 was to o much

Reaction score
I had serious lag issues and issues with the phone freezing up multiple times a day which were all solved by uninstalling Lookout. When I spoke to the verizon tech, he said that Lookout was the only app currently on their "BAD list" causing multiple issues with many different types of devices. I had no idea.

Irony^^!!!

D1motoBRICE

Reaction score
Flashed cyanogenmod I think its 6.1.2 and bam gone. I can press home from any app zero lag. Even sliding the keybord works great turning the homescreen. I've tried to make it lag. I was skeptic on changing the kernel but flashed slayer and this thing is unstopable.

chevyspd

Reaction score
I found the fix....I had all the same issues as you others....slow redraw.....8 second pause when unlocking phone or exiting app...I did EVERYTHING I could think of. I was determined to fix it without rooting....and I have...I used estrongs file explorer to look around and found that there were several apps folders that were still full of files that I uninstalled before the hard reset...deleted those and voila....fixed...the 2 that had lots that I remember were flikie and zedge. I even installed launcher pro with all the 3d animations loaded, 6 fully active widgets, and a live matrix wallpaper and 0 lag time....my suggestion, find a file explorer app and delete junk u don't use anymore...its prolly junk that doesn't work well with 2.2. Just be careful cause you could delete something u need to make the phone run correctly and I am not responsible lol...

OP
E

endoftheline

Reaction score
I found the fix....I had all the same issues as you others....slow redraw.....8 second pause when unlocking phone or exiting app...I did EVERYTHING I could think of. I was determined to fix it without rooting....and I have...I used estrongs file explorer to look around and found that there were several apps folders that were still full of files that I uninstalled before the hard reset...deleted those and voila....fixed...the 2 that had lots that I remember were flikie and zedge. I even installed launcher pro with all the 3d animations loaded, 6 fully active widgets, and a live matrix wallpaper and 0 lag time....my suggestion, find a file explorer app and delete junk u don't use anymore...its prolly junk that doesn't work well with 2.2. Just be careful cause you could delete something u need to make the phone run correctly and I am not responsible lol...

Can u be more specific about what folders or apps you found to delete? I would like to try what you did