General Opinion?

NVash

Reaction score
Heres the situation. I have a Droid. My mother is due for an upgrade and she wants one as well. She wants an Android phone so we looked at some at the local Verizon kiosk at the mall. There werent many, just the Droid X, Droid 2 and Fascinate. She fell in love with the Fascinate immediately due to its brightly colored graphics on the screen. The Droid X is more than likely too huge, the Droid 2 useless due to MotoBlur. I just wanted to ask before she gets this. I assume everyone around here has one, are they good phones or is she buying a pile of junk with a fancy screen?

Darkseider

Reaction score
The Fascinate is a nice device and unless your mother is a Google die hard she won't really notice or for that matter care about the Bing! integration. Granted when 2.2 is released for the Fascinate, according to sources, Google goodness will be returned. The device itself is very capable, fast and light. As for Motoblur on the D2 there is a fix for that called Launcher Pro.

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I had a droid 1 and upgraded to a Fascinate. I was looking at the Droid 2, Droid X, and the Fascinate. All good phones... I never used my keyboard on the D1 so I chose to not go with the 2. The X was too big (for me). The Fascinate was just right!

I really like my Fascinate. I do not root. I am waiting for 2.2 so I can have my google goodness back. But, Bing does not dominate my Fascinate experience. I downloaded Google Maps and set my homepage to Google. I never used the search widget and instead of hitting the search button I hit the browser. With that No bing whatsoever.

I did download Launcher Pro which offers lots of customization that I for one am really liking.

I do not notice any lag and GPS is good for me. I am in Los Angeles.

HTH

ohfire

Reaction score
I had the droid 1 and 2, both good phones, but I switched to the fascinate. I have had it just about 2 weeks and I really like it. It is not a perfect phone, but none are. It seems a little weak in the reception department, but I have never dropped a call, it always works when I ask it to. The battery is outstanding. I would choose it over the 1 and the 2. The x will just be a matter of choice, I never owned one, I looked hard at them, but it just seemed too big for me.

JackiA

Reaction score
I had a Droid X for 3 weeks and returned it. A really good phone, but had some quirks that I didn't care for and it just felt too big and bulky for me. I waited a couple of weeks before getting another phone and used the time to go into the store several times and play with the Droid 2 and the Fascinate.

I really really like my Fascinate. It's not perfect and has its own quirks, but they are ones I can live with. It just suits me.

jrl9851

Reaction score
The Fascinate is by far the best phone I have EVER owned (i've owned bb's, iphones, droids, etc.).

It has the fastest GPU of ALL phones currently out, blazingly fast CPU, beautiful screen, sexy design, etc.

When I got my droid I wanted to root right away to overclock and speed it up. With the fascinate, I don't even care about rooting.

Oh and the camera is AMAZING! On par with the iphone 4, which is said to have the best camera of all smartphones.

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
She wont regret it. If she does take advantage of the 30 day return. Also its currently upgrade to fascinate and get any phone for free. You just need two upgrades tho.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions everyone. You got me wanting to take my Droid back for a refund or trying to figure out how to get one for myself.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think the Fascinate is a better option for your mom. The X is more of a "masculine" device.

Lets be honest they both do the same thing so it really comes down to aesthetics.

Fascinate is a better fit for women I believe.

ohfire

Reaction score
I think the Fascinate is a better option for your mom. The X is more of a "masculine" device.

Lets be honest they both do the same thing so it really comes down to aesthetics.

CK does that mean I should get a purse? LOL It is a light phone, but even us ole fireguys like it! And I hate to say it, but I like it better than I did my Droid, and I really loved my Droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

CK does that mean I should get a purse? LOL It is a light phone, but even us ole fireguys like it! And I hate to say it, but I like it better than I did my Droid, and I really loved my Droid.
Hahahahahaha.......well not that extreme!!!

maybe a pink sweater tied around your neck and penny loafers? LOL.

Sent from my Droid

ohfire

Reaction score

Hahahahahaha.......well not that extreme!!!

maybe a pink sweater tied around your neck and penny loafers? LOL.

Sent from my Droid

LOL I am a civil servant here, I can't afford both the loafers and the pennys to put in em! Now where did I leave that pink sweater and those pumps? Hmmmmm....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

CK Ha ha lol lol lol lol lol……...