General network failure

jaysnyder75

Reaction score
MMS was working fine until this morning but now when an MMS is sent it wont download, I get error message that says general network failure. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

Quiltaday

Reaction score
MMS was working fine until this morning but now when an MMS is sent it wont download, I get error message that says general network failure. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

No Texting issues, but I happened to glance over at my TB around 9:00 or so EST and saw that it was in boot-up mode. Not sure why, though ... battery was still about 70%

glennj

Reaction score
I am having the same problems....just started tonight. "Generic network failure" and repeated failure messages with "multiple attempts to send" the MMS. SMS seems to be unaffected at least for me.

There are numerous reported issues with HTC phones it appears, dating back to May 2010 (and it may be earlier than that too). Google "generic network failure" and see what you find (if you've not done so already).

Some had issues with Quick Settings app and had to uninstall (which i've never had).....some cleared their caches/did force stops on this or that.......some did factory resets......some did simple reboots......one, a combination or none of these methods worked- there doesn't seem to be any consistent thing that worked across the board.

Some thought by isolating exactly when this was happening that there might be a link to when work on towers was being done and the reported errors, (i.e., being in an area where an upgrade is underway), but that doesn't seem plausible to me. Just now, i did a reboot after clearing caches/force closing some things......and was able to send myself an MMS with no error. We'll see if this holds up.

glennj

Reaction score
Hey guys, on my Droid 1 at college, I couldn't send MMS this morning. I don't think it's just the Thunderbolts.

Thanks for the update......I'm curious-- Did the problem persist for you after repeated attempts or did it resolve? While I was having the problem tonight, my wife sent an MMS to me from her D1 and on her end, it showed as having sent, but on my end, the error message.

*EDIT: Kinda looks like a semi-generic, last-ditch effort, but a tech at VZW Incredible community posted this at the bottom. No one responded after that as to whether it worked.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
It persisted for several hours and then I just gave up. As far as I'm aware, it was never sent. I did try to re-send it several times. But gave up after a few hours.