general flash questions

everstar80

Reaction score
I've had the droid2 for almost three weeks and I love it. But there are still some sites that don't recognize that adobe flash is already installed and wont let we watch some streaming videos. So I read the post that someome put up but I am not that technologically inclined on how to change certain features on my phone. So any tips? :icon_ banana:

samsonite801

Reaction score
Install a browser like the new DolphinHD (not the old Dolphin browser although it will still work), or install Xscope browser, or Skyfire browser (or install all 3 until you decide which one you like best), because these all have a setting in them to render sites as 'desktop' browser which makes it go to the normal website like you'd see on your regular computer. Otherwise many websites simply try to forward you to the m or 'mobile' version of the site which typically have only single column and no flash content. Look in the URL entry space of the site you're in which the flash doesn't work and if it says m.whatever.com then this is your issue. If not, and it just says whatever.com and there is no flash, then maybe the provider has some special DNS forwarding to keep cellphone users from watching the flash content and hogging all the bandwidth.