Gem color setting guide

amujee

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm trying out different color settings for themes and was wondering if there's a visual guide that shows the effect of each Gem color settings on the Droid. The name of the settings help but it's not always obvious to me.

Thanks.

ebruot

Reaction score
I was assuming he meant not the color but what each option was such as, what is the carrier spn label, carrier plmn label, etc.

PJnc284

Reaction score
ok, I got bored. I think as long as no one is color blind the screen shots below should give you a good idea.

Status bar:
Clock color-white
Date-dark red
*Carrier PLMN label color-
*Carrier SPN label color-
Battery Percentage- white

Notification:
Ticker Text- grey
No notifications title - yellow
Latest Notifications Title- green
Ongoing Notifications Title- light blue
Clear Button text- black
Item Title- blue
Item Text- purple
*Item Progress Bar text- pink
Item time- red

*'s indicate items not shown

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

OP
A

amujee

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't sure how to explain myself.
One of the reasons this came up was because in the post for Sapphire 1.0.0 themes discussion, the instructions for Gem settings said "Title bar anything but black", but I wasn't sure if that was referring to the status bar/notification bar. At least now I know which individual items I need to change.

Thanks PJnc284, that's really helpful.

Last edited:

BeGood

Reaction score
Sorry if this is stupid, but where is this settings Gem. Also my spare parts does not have title bar changes choice in it? Not sure what up. Thanks

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is stupid, but where is this settings Gem. Also my spare parts does not have title bar changes choice in it? Not sure what up. Thanks

It's the penultimate option in Settings.

BeGood

Reaction score
Thanks for info. I used the GEM in settings, changed change text color and reboot, but it reverts back to black. ? any ideas. Thanks. I have watermarked theme. And do not see in settings the "penultimate option" Again thanks, I typically try everything before asking.

PJnc284

Reaction score
Did you reboot? Also when you choose a color, be sure to hit the colored circle in the middle.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I used the GEM in settings, changed change text color and reboot, but it reverts back to black. ? any ideas. Thanks. I have watermarked theme. And do not see in settings the "penultimate option" Again thanks, I typically try everything before asking.

Oh dear. penultimate = second to last.

GEM settings is the option right above "About Phone".