GDE vs Open Home vs Panda Home

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by andymellon4, Nov 17, 2009.

1. biggMerv

biggMerv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased GDE. Man its awesome. No lag whatsoever. I would buy it all over again. A must buy! I am sporting a HTC theme as well that is free in the droid shopping area.

2. meh8036

meh8036 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i hear you can't change icons in GDE though... til you can i think i'm stickin with dxtop

3. Mike84

Mike84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using GDE right now and must say it is pretty sweet. I was using panda before GDE and open home before panda. Open home was imo the most buggy with the most force closes. Panda was imo the most stable with the least amount of force closes. But GDE is defiantly imo the coolest. It is not far behind panda in terms of stability, i dont get too many FC's but the features in GDE make it sooo worth it. The cube transition is just epic. Unfortunately GDE seems to run more stable with no themes loaded and just the stock GDE home. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a theme changer...lol but I like the stock GDE home enough to still say GDE is deff my fav by far. Im sure there will be updates to make it more stable as well

4. OcHo tHreE Uno

OcHo tHreE Uno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I like open home. I tried GDE and for some reason the graphics weren't to high quality when I compared them to the open home graphics. It also didn't change the icons like open home did or I just couldn't figure it out. It also has a built in built in battery meter(give it to you in percentages) which is very accurate.
    Here is a picture of what I have on my home screen. It is open home with the "dark hero" skin and the "iphone 3g icons". I also have the Weather Widgets donate clock which I love but the weather isn't too accurate, so I use the "weather bug" app which gives me the weather in my notification bar. I'm not too sure where I got the background but it is very nice. Check it out for your self tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

5. rrflanders

rrflanders New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty happy with GDE. Not only do I like being able to pick how many home screens I want to use, I also like the fact that unlike the default home, the home screen rotates to landscape mode automatically when I rotate the phone.

6. italiantrucker2

Ratings:
    +0
    ok im using panda with my droid i have my wall paper as a pic of my women and with panda i have the ability to in a way to have a total of 13 different screens the normal is 7 with 6 more that slide out from the side i love it gets a lag on n off but i can deal with that for what i get in return i do have a question i cant figure out how to do or get the screen shots how do i do that i read panda has this function how do i do it ??

7. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using GDE as well, I like panda home too. But GDE is better by far.

8. OcHo tHreE Uno

OcHo tHreE Uno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They're all pretty good home replacement screens and just like GDE I can pick up to 7 screens if I'd like to. I only use 3 but I wanted to I could go up to 7. Also about the home screen rotating to landscape automatically, open home gives you the choice of either changing to landscape mode automatically or changing only to when you slide out the keyboard. Also did I mention about open home being compatible with aHome themes as well. I think I made the right choice and I'm very happy with it.

9. Shel

Shel Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Have any of you tried Home++ (now available free in the market, beta)?

Developer says the primary reason he's created yet another Home replacement app is to allow animated widgets on the Home page! He currently has a flip clock/calendar which is animated.... you can watch as the minute/hour hand flips to the next number!

Also :

Allows you to hide the notification bar for a more attractive home screen (one tap on an icon at the bottom of the page gains you access to notifications, or you can choose to leave it exposed)
    Built in Task manager, to kill running apps and/or switch to running programs
    Built in access to all of your bookmarks, from the home page!
    Pages are in a loop... no need to swipe four, five times to go from farthest right home page to farthest left page... just swipe left, and you're there!

Numerous other great features!

Negatives are, only four home pages (that's really all I need, but others may want more)
    Still in beta, but seems VERY stable.

If you're interested, check it out!

10. MK-9

MK-9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really do like open home, but unless they get the stability under control fairly soon, I'm going to need to try something else. It FC on me constantly.

11. MoeDaddy

MoeDaddy Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I've tried panda, open home and GDE... I didn't like panda and find open home and GDE to both be good and fast overall but ea has it's own strengths and I'd choose depending on what you want from a home screen app. Those 2 are however my favs so far.

12. framon

framon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    force closes

I really like the open home theme manager. I never thought i'd need 7 screens but now that I've got them I'm never going back to the stock home. :) the force closes on open home are however beginning to really annoy me. I've downloaded the update but it still has issues. I've noticed that it specifically force/closes when I 1. Use the application tab that you pull up from the bottom or 2. Use the physical keyboard and rotate it to portrait mode before I close the keyboard and give it a second or so to settle. It does have some other completely random force closes from time to time too I love the look and ui of the themes but unless they figure out the fc issues then I might be jujmping ship to check out GDE orsomething else...

Search tags for this page
ahome panda home
ahome/openhome premium skins free
home droid
home team openhome gde pandahome
icontrol openhome vs pandahome vs ahome
panda home vs ahome
panda theme maker

pandahome themes

themes android
what is better than panda home