GDE vs Open Home vs Panda Home

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by andymellon4, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ntice

ntice New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't figure out how to add stuff to draws /those side panels . what am I doing wrong? I searched everywhere for a manual- website of developer say 'in progress' thanks

2. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about PandaHome? I'm guessing so since they have the slide out drawers on the side of the screen. If so, you need to open the drawer you want to add something to, then open your app drawer, long click on the app you want to put into the side panel and then drag it onto the side panel. A little funky if you ask me. You can also do the same with other things in PandaHome, ie. a long click on the desktop will let you add other things, like if you have something like Apps Organizer installed and you want to put a folder in the side drawer. But, you have to open the drawer first, before you get ready to create a shortcut.

Hope this helps...

3. ntice

ntice New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. I also watched a video on youtube. deciding how much I like it.

4. gothike

gothike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think i've tried every main home alternatives out there, and, at least on my MB200 (Dext or Cliq), the one that worked really great and with GREAT visuals and everything smooth, is DxTop, i bought it today and im really satisfied with it :D

Just my 2 cents for this thread.

Regards!
    Adrian

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I own a few, bought GDE, DXtop and few other's and I dont use them at all anymore. I use my own theme along with either launcher pro, or better yet Sweeter home cause its the most customizable home replacement out there. It does take a bit to get use too. and you really need to save alot when editing and reload so you dont loose what you have done. But for a prebeta release I love it.

6. windstrings

windstrings Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah.. now I see.....

I too have the HTC incredible.. used to love GDE but no longer have a need... HTC does it all "except cube" with no glitches.

I"m sure GDE would run great on the HTC, but I havent felt compelled to worry about it.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for a rotating cube home screen to organize apps.

Is GDE the only one ? and is it the best ?

also

How many pages can you get ?

8. mstauff

mstauff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have Open Home, LauncherPro, and tried GDE tonight. Seems to me Open Home is the most feature rich. However, in Open Home I can't find a way to make browser icon on bottom bar go to my default browser and when your hiding the status bar, there is no quick way to pop it up, LauncherPro facilitates both hiding and quickly popping up the status bar plus gives you more icons on the bottom bar. GDE lets you totally customize bottom bar with as many icons as you like and you can arrange the order. Very cool. However, GDE looks like it was developed for a low rez screen. The bottom bar is way to big. That, more than anything turned me off on GDE. On DroidX that bottom bar looks hideously large. I think all three of these are great themes/UIs.

My thinking right now is that I'm gonna settle on the LaucherPro for a while and see how well it functions over some time. I will miss the really nice big clock from Open Home and the compact and stylish settings/power bar from Open Home (although the brightness button on the settings/power bar isn't functioning properly right now anyway in Open Home).

Search tags for this page
ahome panda home
ahome/openhome premium skins free
home droid
home team openhome gde pandahome
icontrol openhome vs pandahome vs ahome
panda home vs ahome
panda theme maker

pandahome themes

themes android
what is better than panda home