1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GDE vs Open Home vs Panda Home

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by andymellon4, Nov 17, 2009.

1. andymellon4

andymellon4 New Member

Which is better for the droid?
  2. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

I've tried all 3 on the droid and I've gotta say I'm lovin' GDE! I used to use open home when I had my older android devices on t-mo but now it force closes all the time on the droid! I wasn't a fan of panda, it just didnt seem as good as other alternate homes. GDE is smooth and slick, and the only time I've seen it force close is when I go to theme wallpapers-dont know why.

So I say GDE!!!!:icon_ banana:
  3. b1gnasty

b1gnasty New Member

personally ive tried ahome, panda, and openhome and i gotta say im liking openhome the best so far. most of the themes are compatible with oh and i like the ui and options that it gives you. lots of nice free themes too along with payable ones. give em all a try id like to try out gde too.
  4. deathsight

deathsight New Member

why dont u upload it for us :D
  5. Drukan

Drukan New Member

Im a new Droid user.... so im curious how these "themes" work on android vs any other phone. I used to design themes for Blackberries... which i have defected from.

I like the base UI, but im curious are the droid themes just skins?, or are they complete UI's, or are they merely editing the base UI?
  6. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Hmmm I've only tried Pandahome and GDE. I tried Pandahome first and say I really like it!! It's still in beta mode and feel it's still a bit buggy for me atm... Also when I look at my battery usage it seems that Pandahome is constantly 14-15%.

I'm trying out GDE based on all the hype and must say I'm pleasantly surprised!! when I saw the cude transitioning video I wasn't very impressed and thought it was kinda gimicky, but he includes different transitions on it. after actually trying the cube I actually kinda like it!! I'm really digging GDE right now, although the transitions are still a bit buggy it still feels solid. Smooth transitions.

Hmm although I just restarted my phone to see if it'd improve performance and it's bugging out on me right now.
  7. Spanky

Spanky New Member

I didn't like GDE at first, but it has really grown on me. Sometimes, the phone does lag a little, but it's nothing compared to my old BB Storm.

Flipping through the screens is a lot smoother than I thought it would be. Having 5 screens is awesome!
  8. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

is there a stable good-looking "htc sense ui" theme for GDE? thinking of purchasing it
  9. peejack

peejack New Member

Gde

I am new Android owner and can not figure out for the life of me how to install or even find GDE in the market place to use all the great themes that are available....

Help!
  10. meh8036

meh8036 New Member

i've only tried dxtop and ohome so far... oh force closed AALLLLLL the time. it drove me crazy so i did research and everyone pointed toward dxtop. it only gives you 4 home screens but (so far after 2 days) it runs pretty smooth on my droid. oh worked well for about 24 hours before all hell broke loose... idk about the other ones. might give em a try just to see
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I'm using PandaHome and installed a Openhome theme on it tonite...

looks and runs perfect and all for free.

No lag not one force close..
  12. thed0cb

thed0cb New Member

GDE has been amazing for me. Tried the others, just didn't like them. That was also before any updates.
  13. biggMerv

biggMerv New Member

I just purchased GDE. Man its awesome. No lag whatsoever. I would buy it all over again. A must buy! I am sporting a HTC theme as well that is free in the droid shopping area.
  14. meh8036

meh8036 New Member

i hear you can't change icons in GDE though... til you can i think i'm stickin with dxtop
  15. Mike84

Mike84 New Member

I am using GDE right now and must say it is pretty sweet. I was using panda before GDE and open home before panda. Open home was imo the most buggy with the most force closes. Panda was imo the most stable with the least amount of force closes. But GDE is defiantly imo the coolest. It is not far behind panda in terms of stability, i dont get too many FC's but the features in GDE make it sooo worth it. The cube transition is just epic. Unfortunately GDE seems to run more stable with no themes loaded and just the stock GDE home. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a theme changer...lol but I like the stock GDE home enough to still say GDE is deff my fav by far. Im sure there will be updates to make it more stable as well
  16. OcHo tHreE Uno

OcHo tHreE Uno New Member

Personally I like open home. I tried GDE and for some reason the graphics weren't to high quality when I compared them to the open home graphics. It also didn't change the icons like open home did or I just couldn't figure it out. It also has a built in built in battery meter(give it to you in percentages) which is very accurate.
    Here is a picture of what I have on my home screen. It is open home with the "dark hero" skin and the "iphone 3g icons". I also have the Weather Widgets donate clock which I love but the weather isn't too accurate, so I use the "weather bug" app which gives me the weather in my notification bar. I'm not too sure where I got the background but it is very nice. Check it out for your self tell me what you think.

[​IMG]
  17. rrflanders

rrflanders New Member

I'm pretty happy with GDE. Not only do I like being able to pick how many home screens I want to use, I also like the fact that unlike the default home, the home screen rotates to landscape mode automatically when I rotate the phone.
  18. italiantrucker2

italiantrucker2 New Member

ok im using panda with my droid i have my wall paper as a pic of my women and with panda i have the ability to in a way to have a total of 13 different screens the normal is 7 with 6 more that slide out from the side i love it gets a lag on n off but i can deal with that for what i get in return i do have a question i cant figure out how to do or get the screen shots how do i do that i read panda has this function how do i do it ??
  19. Mojo

Mojo New Member

I am using GDE as well, I like panda home too. But GDE is better by far.
  20. OcHo tHreE Uno

OcHo tHreE Uno New Member

They're all pretty good home replacement screens and just like GDE I can pick up to 7 screens if I'd like to. I only use 3 but I wanted to I could go up to 7. Also about the home screen rotating to landscape automatically, open home gives you the choice of either changing to landscape mode automatically or changing only to when you slide out the keyboard. Also did I mention about open home being compatible with aHome themes as well. I think I made the right choice and I'm very happy with it.
Search tags for this page
ahome panda home
ahome/openhome premium skins free
gde v skaä±pe
home droid
home team openhome gde pandahome
icontrol openhome vs pandahome vs ahome
panda home vs ahome
panda theme maker

pandahome themes

themes android
what is better than panda home