GDE vs Open Home vs Panda Home

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by andymellon4, Nov 17, 2009.

1. andymellon4

andymellon4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which is better for the droid?

2. blu1080

blu1080 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried all 3 on the droid and I've gotta say I'm lovin' GDE! I used to use open home when I had my older android devices on t-mo but now it force closes all the time on the droid! I wasn't a fan of panda, it just didnt seem as good as other alternate homes. GDE is smooth and slick, and the only time I've seen it force close is when I go to theme wallpapers-dont know why.

So I say GDE!!!!:icon_ banana:

3. b1gnasty

b1gnasty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    personally ive tried ahome, panda, and openhome and i gotta say im liking openhome the best so far. most of the themes are compatible with oh and i like the ui and options that it gives you. lots of nice free themes too along with payable ones. give em all a try id like to try out gde too.

4. deathsight

deathsight New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why dont u upload it for us :D

5. Drukan

Drukan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a new Droid user.... so im curious how these "themes" work on android vs any other phone. I used to design themes for Blackberries... which i have defected from.

I like the base UI, but im curious are the droid themes just skins?, or are they complete UI's, or are they merely editing the base UI?

6. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm I've only tried Pandahome and GDE. I tried Pandahome first and say I really like it!! It's still in beta mode and feel it's still a bit buggy for me atm... Also when I look at my battery usage it seems that Pandahome is constantly 14-15%.

I'm trying out GDE based on all the hype and must say I'm pleasantly surprised!! when I saw the cude transitioning video I wasn't very impressed and thought it was kinda gimicky, but he includes different transitions on it. after actually trying the cube I actually kinda like it!! I'm really digging GDE right now, although the transitions are still a bit buggy it still feels solid. Smooth transitions.

Hmm although I just restarted my phone to see if it'd improve performance and it's bugging out on me right now.

7. Spanky

Spanky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't like GDE at first, but it has really grown on me. Sometimes, the phone does lag a little, but it's nothing compared to my old BB Storm.

Flipping through the screens is a lot smoother than I thought it would be. Having 5 screens is awesome!

8. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there a stable good-looking "htc sense ui" theme for GDE? thinking of purchasing it

9. peejack

peejack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gde

I am new Android owner and can not figure out for the life of me how to install or even find GDE in the market place to use all the great themes that are available....

Help!

10. meh8036

meh8036 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've only tried dxtop and ohome so far... oh force closed AALLLLLL the time. it drove me crazy so i did research and everyone pointed toward dxtop. it only gives you 4 home screens but (so far after 2 days) it runs pretty smooth on my droid. oh worked well for about 24 hours before all hell broke loose... idk about the other ones. might give em a try just to see

11. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +932
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    I'm using PandaHome and installed a Openhome theme on it tonite...

looks and runs perfect and all for free.

No lag not one force close..

12. thed0cb

thed0cb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GDE has been amazing for me. Tried the others, just didn't like them. That was also before any updates.

13. biggMerv

biggMerv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased GDE. Man its awesome. No lag whatsoever. I would buy it all over again. A must buy! I am sporting a HTC theme as well that is free in the droid shopping area.

14. meh8036

meh8036 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i hear you can't change icons in GDE though... til you can i think i'm stickin with dxtop

15. Mike84

Mike84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using GDE right now and must say it is pretty sweet. I was using panda before GDE and open home before panda. Open home was imo the most buggy with the most force closes. Panda was imo the most stable with the least amount of force closes. But GDE is defiantly imo the coolest. It is not far behind panda in terms of stability, i dont get too many FC's but the features in GDE make it sooo worth it. The cube transition is just epic. Unfortunately GDE seems to run more stable with no themes loaded and just the stock GDE home. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a theme changer...lol but I like the stock GDE home enough to still say GDE is deff my fav by far. Im sure there will be updates to make it more stable as well

Search tags for this page
ahome panda home
ahome/openhome premium skins free
home droid
home team openhome gde pandahome
icontrol openhome vs pandahome vs ahome
panda home vs ahome
panda theme maker

pandahome themes

themes android
what is better than panda home