GDE vs Home++

Zodduska

Reaction score
Used GDE for a few weeks but the last few days it's been so bug ridden it's rendered unusable. Installed home++ last night and IMHO its much better at the moment, a lot more polished.

Shel

Reaction score
Meh... I have both. Trying to figure out which one I like best. Home Switcher really helps with that.

Not sure if you realize this, but Home++ has a built in home switcher!

If you tap the Home++ app icon, it basically works just like Home Switcher! It allows you to choose which Home replacement you'd like to use, or if you'd like to use the built in Home app!

Pretty nice.

Personally I really like Home++!

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to find Home++ in the Market. If you use Androlib, can you provide a link?

evil_O

Reaction score
Meh... I have both. Trying to figure out which one I like best. Home Switcher really helps with that.

Not sure if you realize this, but Home++ has a built in home switcher!

If you tap the Home++ app icon, it basically works just like Home Switcher! It allows you to choose which Home replacement you'd like to use, or if you'd like to use the built in Home app!

Pretty nice.

Personally I really like Home++!

I did not realize that. Thanks. Seems a tad slower than Home Switcher though...

NoKz

Reaction score
chart

Jason

Reaction score
Used GDE for a few weeks but the last few days it's been so bug ridden it's rendered unusable. Installed home++ last night and IMHO its much better at the moment, a lot more polished.

Agreed and its still in Beta so it can only get better. Plus he updates a lot, almost once a day. Hes also the first developer to make an animated widget and I think hes going to put it in Home++ but im not sure

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No love for dxtop?
dxtop rawks!! i have ALL the other home alternatives and keep checkin for updates just to see if any of them ever get stuff i luv in dxtop. there are certain things i like in all the homes but dxtop is my fav.

srparret

Reaction score
Home++ is the way to go for home replacements imo. Its really smooth and snappy and although there are a few FCs here and there the reload time doesn't really slow you down as a user and the best part is that its this good in Beta....i can't wait for acutal release.

This is one of those apps thats good now and will only get better

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
type home++ in the search bar...

Found it, but I had to type "home ++ beta" to get directly to it.
If you couldn't find it's probably cause you put a space between home and ++

That was in my typing here. "Home++" gave me a lot of apps. It was "home++ beta" that did it.

In any case I've downloaded it and am in the process of adding apps. One thing I like is the power strip at the bottom. Having the option to phone on any screen should be on every home, including the default.

One thing I did notice, and it isn't a problem, but if you have 5 screens you definitely know where the wallpaper begins and ends.

MK-9

Reaction score
Tried PandaHome, OpenHome and now Home++. Once the dev gets the stability issues resolved (it's still in beta, so I'm just being patient) it's by far my fav replacement.