GDE vs Home++

Lynx

Reaction score
So what do you guys think is better? Debating on if it is worth the purchase or not.

OP
Lynx

Lynx

Reaction score
So is panda home, but it doesnt make it better ;)

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I have tried Both and I was happier with GDE, I liked the home lay out but it was laggy for me. GDE just seems to blaze.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Home++ has up to 7 screens
Semi-Customizable bottom dock (work in progress according to developer :) )
Hide/un-hide notification bar.
'Endless scroll'
flip clock widget that actually flips!
first developer to produce an animated widget!
Runs smooth.

it's free so give it a shot... if you don't like it you can always uninstall

GDE did run exceptionally well... but for me the fact that wallpapers are cut in half for cube effect was a deal breaker. Spoke to the developer and there is no way to change the 'split' effect because in order for the cube animation to work it had to be coded that way. Just an FYI. (a left and right image... unlike the stock where it 'shift's as you scroll)

Jason

Reaction score
Home++ has up to 7 screens
Semi-Customizable bottom dock (work in progress according to developer :) )
Hide/un-hide notification bar.
'Endless scroll'
flip clock widget that actually flips!
first developer to produce an animated widget!
Runs smooth.

it's free so give it a shot... if you don't like it you can always uninstall

GDE did run exceptionally well... but for me the fact that wallpapers are cut in half for cube effect was a deal breaker. Spoke to the developer and there is no way to change the 'split' effect because in order for the cube animation to work it had to be coded that way. Just an FYI. (a left and right image... unlike the stock where it 'shift's as you scroll)
I agree with everything on here. I could never get a wallpaper right on the Cube and the cube is the biggest reason I got it. The bottom dock is great for Home++ and will only get better since its still in beta

GotnFX

Reaction score
I kept getting quite a few force close with Home++ before the recent OS update...afterwards I had just one when a phone call came in..yet to try GDE..but that's next

bwhite757

Reaction score
I've had GDE, Pandahome, Open Home, and Home++ all on my phone.

Personal opinion I like Home++ better than all of them. Again that's an opinion. GDE seemed to lag a lot for me, Pandahome had WAY too many FC's, I wasn't a fan of Open Home's layout, and I've had nothing but Good results with Home++.

miglo

Reaction score
I used Panda, GDE and Home++ and like Home++ the best atm. It simply flys on my machine compared to the others. I like the simplicity of Home++.

evil_O

Reaction score
Meh... I have both. Trying to figure out which one I like best. Home Switcher really helps with that.

NoKz

Reaction score
I've been using Home++ for a week and I love it! Lags at some points, but quickly clears up. It's in beta, so I'm not being too harsh on it.