1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GDE vs. Home++ vs. Pandahome

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by richz, Dec 9, 2009.

1. richz

richz New Member

list the pros and cons of each theme

Gde:
    home++:
    PandaHome:

also, if i install lets say home++ and i dont like it and i want to install a new theme, how would i remove it
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Go to Market > click Menu... go to Downloads > click on Home++ and 'uninstall'
  3. bodean

bodean New Member

Would like to know pros/cons also. Also, where do I find themes for home ++ ? Don't see any on market place.
  4. Martin030908

^ There aren't currently any themes for Home++
  5. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I just installed Home++ since they added the screenshot feature. I have tried GDE and think its awesome. However I did have problems with the cube transition blacking out the screen from time to time. You can't go wrong with either one...

I have never tried PandaHome
  6. silverx10

silverx10 New Member

Additionally, though I can't say anything for the other two, Home++ gives you the ability to easily turn it off via its app entry in the app drawer. Just click on it, and it lets you choose whether to use it, or the original home app.
  7. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance New Member

Panda Home
    1 . Its Free
    2. It allows you to add up to 3 on each side what I call pull outs.. I put the apps I use
    most on there and they go with every screen.
    3. It allows you to add additional Screens
    4. It will separate your apps into alphabetical groups.

Those Are what I like about it.

I tried Home++ briefly but I had gotten use to Panda.
    I have not tried GDE don't see paying for something I get for free
  8. Steeeler

Steeeler New Member

I've tried them all, Open Home, Home+++, Panda Home, and GDE. Was using Panda Home for the past week or so and now have switched back to GDE. It appears they updated it and it works the best on my Droid.

The page transitions cant be beat.
  9. Martin030908

GDE's transitions IMO are best... but after speaking with the dev. about the wallpaper having to be split into 'halves' for the cube effect I uninstalled. I like having a wallpaper as my focal point... can't do that with the cube as it splits every one into a left and right half... way the dev said it had to be to get the cube to function properly. I know Panda and Home allow you to 'scroll' the wallpaper.... which I prefer much more. Just an FYI
  10. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

My first Home was Panda and it was nice, but I'm not that sold with it.

Then I tried GDE and it's been my default.

I'm playing with Home++ and I prefer it to Panda, but the Application Dock that GDE has keeps drawing me back.

I have no problems with the wallpaper on any of them, but Home++ (set on 5 screens) is the only one that I know where the ends of the wallpaper is. That's not a problem, just a comment.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  11. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Home++ is working out great for me. It force closes every so often, but it updates often too. The original home force closes every so often too, so I think they will both improve as time allows. I haven't tried the others because I am getting set I'm my ways on home++ LOL.
  12. lemodular

lemodular New Member

I can only comment on GED and Home++, and they are both nice. Currently, I favor the Home++ because, it less gimmicky and the most fluid to me. I'ts very understated esp. with the status bar turned off and flows from one screen to the next as if it was all one big looping screen. The GDE's has a very cool cube transitions between pages, among others (fade, stretch, etc.) and each page can exist independently of each other since they represent a side on a cube. Although the fade effect is simply fade-out your icons then fade-in with the next set. The dock of the GDE is nice esp. with the transparent (obsidian?) theme I personally like functionality of the scrolling bar of the Home++. Performance wise, the edge goes to Home++, the GDE, while very cool, in cube mode it's slightly slower. Both home apps have crashed on me equally, but the Home++ is always updating and seems to be a little better each time. No themes yet on the Home++ while GDE is full of themes; just type in GDE in the market and you'll know what I mean. I personally like my own wall papers anyways so no biggie. Both developers are great and seem to address issues pretty quickly, more so with Home++ than GDE (relatively).

I would suggest anyone interested in trying out a Home replacement to go ahead and install it and live with it (very important) for a few days (longer the better). You can always install multiple home apps and switch it back and forth (if you have not select a default) but it's actually harder to compare that way. I know GDE is not free and the return policy is 24 hours, but it's only a couple of bucks, you prob. spend that on a soda/beer/coffee.
  13. superdesi

superdesi New Member

Used pandahome for firs 24-48 hrs but after constant crashing switched to more stable home++. Panda was nice with the 11 screens 2 side vertical scrolling docks but everytime u added a shortcut/widget etc it would crash. got really on my nerves so I switched to home ++ which has 7 screens and i havent looked back since. home++ force closed on me a few times but not as much as pandahome get home++ for free no themes but we can always wait. plus beuatiful wigets looks awesome on it
  14. twigstoy

twigstoy New Member

Does anyone know how to turn on the notification bar in Home++?
  15. phone

phone New Member

Long press the notification bar controller at the bottom. I think it was a "!." Sorry I'm not using Home++ ATM, but that's what I remember.
    hth,
  16. twigstoy

twigstoy New Member

"YES" Thank you very much!!!
  17. Prerunnerseth

Prerunnerseth New Member

I have been using GDE. Ive Tried others, including DXtop, and Home++ but, keep coming back to GDE for a several reasons.

1. I dont need the built in clocks. I love the clock/weather widget from Weather Widget(donate)
    2. All the others are too busy. DXtop had two drawer things at the bottom. I Have no use to this its just too much junk on the screen. Home++ is the same. They have 5-6 icons on the bottom. Again too much down there and it hides the normal app drawer. I don't need or use all those things enough to want them down there all the time. GDE has two buttons! Perfect amount. I have phone, and contacts on there. everything else i need is on a home screen.
    3. Home screen layout. I like the cube effect and seems to run pretty well on my droid. Most the apps i use on a regular basis are within the first 3 screens. DXTop did have an interesting approach giving you 4 screens within on swipe. but youre limited to only 4 screens.
    4. GDE has a lot of great themes.
    5. I did originally try out DX because the lure of the screen capture. But, it only worked on the homescreens and root + drocap fixed that problem quite handily.
  18. hanano17

hanano17 New Member

I have a question about GDE. Is there a way to stretch an image so it will fit and not be messed up? I'd like to use 4-5 screens, and I'm not using a generic image that will be fine and not look messed up when scrolling the screen pages. I'd like to use the stretch or cube function and get the image to encompass the number off screens as one image, instead of repeating after 2 screens. Anyone got any ideas, or is it an android thing and I can't stretch the image (or the wallpaper box adjuster) any more than it already allows.
  19. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

i had that problem too and it drove me whack!! i solved it by going to the stock home and setting the wallPaper from there. for some reason the other homes make the wallPaper a dif size than the stock home.
  20. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Home ++ - The Icons at the bottom are there on all 7 screens (if you use 7) and most of them replace an icon you may want to need. I think they look nice and they get rid of the need for me to add additional icons to the screen for the same functionality. Brilliant idea.
Search tags for this page

pandahome 2.2.3

pandahome hero locker download