1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GDE Question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by OMEGA5, Nov 27, 2009.

1. OMEGA5

OMEGA5 New Member

I just put GDE on my Droid today and I absolutely love it(with Black and Blue2, it looks awesome!). My question is when I press the home button it asks me if I want to set my choice to default, and I'd like to set GDE to the default home, but I am unsure of how to return to the pre-installed home should I encounter a problem in the future, could someone please tell me how I can switch back to the pre-installed home after making GDE the default? Thanks in advance!
  2. taypotts

taypotts New Member

If you uninstall GDE after you set it like that it will return back to the original home.
  3. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

Where did you find it to download in the first place?
  4. OMEGA5

OMEGA5 New Member

on the market I serched GDE and it's like 1/3 to 1/2 the way down the list, for whatever reason it isn't the first one that shows up. It costs like 2.25 euros I think, either way it charges you 3.39 in US$

Taypotts: so if I uninstall it will I be able to reinstall it or will I have to pay again? Sorry if this a noobish question, I have only actually purchased one other app which i have no intention of ever uninstalling.
  5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy Member

"I am unsure of how to return to the pre-installed home should I encounter a problem in the future"

Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> GDE and Press "Clear Defaults".
    This will bring back the screen where you can select the default home again.
  6. OMEGA5

OMEGA5 New Member

Awesome, thanks kiwiguy! I have no intention of uninstalling it as I love the block scroll and the ability to change themes, but you never know when software will not work, so it will be nice to know how to go back to the original home.
  7. windstrings

windstrings New Member

if you discover the occasional need to switch back from time to time.. just install "home switcher"... its free.
  8. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

I have desperately tried to install GDE three times because there is a WVU theme that I want but it just will not download. It's very disappointing. I have purchased many apps since trying and had no problems but it says that there is a problem with my CC info. I have updated it and the app still will not download...."Download Unsuccessful".

Oh well, dev's loss I guess.