GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

Luxferro

Reaction score
I have a few questions:

1. I chose 2 Applications Docks and would like to know how I can get the apps to organize in alphabetical order?
Now they are all over the place in respect to the order in the dock
Agile is after Contacts and Gmail, and so on.

I have the same issue. I tried messing around with it, and I don't think there is anyway to arrange them. I tried re-adding them, ect... nothing worked for me.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one this bothers.

n0m0n

Reaction score
I have a few questions:

1. I chose 2 Applications Docks and would like to know how I can get the apps to organize in alphabetical order?

I have the same issue. I tried messing around with it, and I don't think there is anyway to arrange them. I tried re-adding them, ect... nothing worked for me.

The developer didn't respond?

kennyg23

Reaction score
does anyone know if its possible to download GDE yet for the droid? Can't find it anywhere in the app market.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if its possible to download GDE yet for the droid? Can't find it anywhere in the app market.

Go to Market --> Apps --> Top Paid --> it is the 14th app from the top. Or do a search within Market for GDE and it pops up.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I tried GDE and liked the transition effects and skins but uninstalled it this morning. It's too slow for me. I see it has great potential and it's very unique but I couldn't deal with the lag and force closures. I found it odd that a paid app was much slower or buggier than the free app (Panda). Shouldn't it be the other way around? Once GDE get the required updates to improve the lag and stop the FCs, I'll gladly install it to my droid again.

Luxferro

Reaction score
I have a few questions:

The developer didn't respond?

I dunno, I never contacted him. I know he is on the XDA forums, but I don't feel like making yet another forum account hehe. I'm too lazy, someone else can complain to him :p

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If/when the Droid is rooted, will roms such as one for the Sense UI for Android 2.0 slow things down like these apps do?

windstrings

Reaction score
I tried GDE and liked the transition effects and skins but uninstalled it this morning. It's too slow for me. I see it has great potential and it's very unique but I couldn't deal with the lag and force closures. I found it odd that a paid app was much slower or buggier than the free app (Panda). Shouldn't it be the other way around? Once GDE get the required updates to improve the lag and stop the FCs, I'll gladly install it to my droid again.

wow!.. if your getting force closes on the droid still with the latest updates, it must be an incompatibility with something your running in the background.

I have mine on cube with 4 screens and I can flick and make 3.. occasionally all 4 screens flip with one flick.

No problems, never FC's.
I do not have a theme running, but pretty wild background and many shortcuts and a few widgets... no app bars.

MAzing87

Reaction score

wow!.. if your getting force closes on the droid still with the latest updates, it must be an incompatibility with something your running in the background.

I have mine on cube with 4 screens and I can flick and make 3.. occasionally all 4 screens flip with one flick.

No problems, never FC's.
I do not have a theme running, but pretty wild background and many shortcuts and a few widgets... no app bars.
I don't know what might have been running in my background but GDE was just buggy and forced closed a lot. I did manually stop most apps from running in the background and it just didn't change.

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't know what might have been running in my background but GDE was just buggy and forced closed a lot. I did manually stop most apps from running in the background and it just didn't change.

All I have to do is reboot my phone and when it comes up fresh, I can count about 13 things running in the background I don't need that are revealed with "Advanced Task Killer"...and I immediately kill all but about 3.... I can't imagine how crazy it must get after several days of not rebooting the phone and not using a task killer.

Seems these apps love to run in the background with you give them half a chance even though you don't need thier services anymore once your done with them... and it may be days before you open that app again, yet there is no close button, it just wants to run..... quite stupid and aggrivating.

Its like poorly written programs or what I call "trashware"... they all try to get installed just fine but either hide the obvious means to allow an uninstall or at best leave tons of trash behind after you do uninstall... and even worse, they uninstall but really don't.

Every program I've spent a decent amount of money on usually lets me shut it off.. but these free programs are all about exposure.. trying to get you to become hooked on it so you'll buy it.....

You can beat them at their own game if you install an app killer.

Its not the phones fault, is the fault of all the Tom, Dick, and Harrys out there writing this stuff.

MAzing87

Reaction score

All I have to do is reboot my phone and when it comes up fresh, I can count about 13 things running in the background I don't need that are revealed with "Advanced Task Killer"...and I immediately kill all but about 3.... I can't imagine how crazy it must get after several days of not rebooting the phone and not using a task killer.

Seems these apps love to run in the background with you give them half a chance even though you don't need thier services anymore once your done with them... and it may be days before you open that app again, yet there is no close button, it just wants to run..... quite stupid and aggrivating.

Its like poorly written programs or what I call "trashware"... they all try to get installed just fine but either hide the obvious means to allow an uninstall or at best leave tons of trash behind after you do uninstall... and even worse, they uninstall but really don't.

Every program I've spent a decent amount of money on usually lets me shut it off.. but these free programs are all about exposure.. trying to get you to become hooked on it so you'll buy it.....

You can beat them at their own game if you install an app killer.

Its not the phones fault, is the fault of all the Tom, Dick, and Harrys out there writing this stuff.
You really nailed the major problem! No close option. The dolphin browser comes to mind as one app that has an exit and clear cache option. Why can't all the apps have this simple option?

rckstc

Reaction score
I have a question about the desktop picture, is there a way to set it up so the center of the picture is not on the corner of the cube?

windstrings

Reaction score
You really nailed the major problem! No close option. The dolphin browser comes to mind as one app that has an exit and clear cache option. Why can't all the apps have this simple option?

I can only speculate its because they want the exposure and when you click on their app to open it, it comes up faster and smoother if its already open in the background "Plus" many of those apps warn that they will have access to your personal information and location etc.. but running in the background, so they may take logs of your habits to see that info too.

Seems everyone is getting into the science of what makes us tick and what type of people buy certain products etc.... thats why they have these bogus discount cards like at the grocery stores. The more they know about you as a human being, the more they can sell you.

But don't get paranoid, I don't think they care about you personally..... just your money! :icon_eek:

windstrings

Reaction score
I have a question about the desktop picture, is there a way to set it up so the center of the picture is not on the corner of the cube?

Thats been a question I haven't gotten an answer on either.... it makes sense if a 960 X 854 Res picture takes up two slides, than half of that should take up one slide "480 X 854". But I haven't tested it yet.

windstrings

Reaction score
I took one of my large pics and put it in pic pro and reduced it to 460 X 409 and when I make it a wallpaper, it looked exactly like it did when it was at a much higher res...

Maybe its an aspect ratio thing.. not sure.