GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

windstrings

Reaction score

When you do your search, it will be about 2 pages down after wading through several themes for GDE.. it will be called "GDE - The new Home"

As far as lag.. the cpu on the droid is designed to go to sleep or idle when not in use to save power.. sometimes I think it takes a second or so to wake up.. thats the only time I see any slight hesitation as GDE indeed needs lots of processor power if you start flipping cube screens.

Lady Droid

Reaction score

When you do your search, it will be about 2 pages down after wading through several themes for GDE.. it will be called "GDE - The new Home"

As far as lag.. the cpu on the droid is designed to go to sleep or idle when not in use to save power.. sometimes I think it takes a second or so to wake up.. thats the only time I see any slight hesitation as GDE indeed needs lots of processor power if you start flipping cube screens.

Do you get those momentary black screens like some other users mentioned?

I'm trying to decide on a Home app and not sure if I should go with GDE or Panda

adam8ch

Reaction score
Do you get those momentary black screens like some other users mentioned?

I'm trying to decide on a Home app and not sure if I should go with GDE or Panda

I get the black screens sometimes. They happen when the transitions between screens aren't animating properly. They don't happen that frequently.

The application dock is super slick. It just a dock widget that lets you put apps on it, but it helps you maximize real estate if you have a huge widget on one of your screens.

I just downloaded a new home replacement app called Home++, which im trying out now. I tried Panda, its pretty good. Having the additional screens is nice, and the quick app launcher is nice.

windstrings

Reaction score
Lady Droid;36274 Do you get those momentary black screens like some other users mentioned? [/QUOTE said:
ive never gotten those yet.. but I'm not running widgets in an app dock or anything either.. for that matter, Im not running an app dock.. maybe thats the difference?

TomN

Reaction score
I don't run the app dock either and still have problems. It seems to get much worse when I put widgets on the home screen.

superglen99

Reaction score
why has no one mentioned Home++ as an alternate home screen? Its very nice, fast and has 4 screens plus it has a wrap around effect where if you scroll one way you come back to your home page. Its got a lot of other nice features including a built in task killer of sorts. I highly recommend it, and its free.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I am trying GDE and I have wallpaper issues, the wallpaper doesn't wrap correctly you get a seam in the middle of a desktop and it's even worse in landscape mode. Hopefully they will fix this as it isn't pretty.

brendanstl

Reaction score
I'm running GDE on my droid now and I love it. I have no lag whatsoever and my only issue is how the wallpapers wrap but I can live with it for now until they fix it.

brendanstl

Reaction score
I have a huge problem with this app. I accidently after hitting my home button at the bottom chose my droid homescreen when prompted and set as default home, now I cant get GDE to come back up. Does anyone know how I can get GDE back up and running. I uninstalled and reinstalled GDE and it didnt come up in my app toolbar at the bottom of the screen to install when I pull it up. The only place I can find GDE is under the settings, applications and manage aplications folder and it says its installed.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
^^
Go to: settings, applications and manage aplications. Find the application you selected as a default, choose it. There's an option to CLEAR DEFAULTS, do that. Then press HOME and you should have the option again.

brendanstl

Reaction score
^^
Go to: settings, applications and manage aplications. Find the application you selected as a default, choose it. There's an option to CLEAR DEFAULTS, do that. Then press HOME and you should have the option again.

Slight problem.... the home screen i accidently chose for my default is the stock homescreen that comes with the droid and thats not under the manage applications list.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Slight problem.... the home screen i accidently chose for my default is the stock homescreen that comes with the droid and thats not under the manage applications list.
When your in the application list (Settings > Applications > Manage) hit the menu button and click Filter. Change it to All. Home will be there now.

brendanstl

Reaction score
When your in the application list (Settings > Applications > Manage) hit the menu button and click Filter. Change it to All. Home will be there now.

LOL... saw that option and figured it wasnt what I was looking for. Thank you.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I really wish that the developer would stop putting out GDE updates than do more harm than good.

I performed an 'update' this morning that pretty much has GDE running at a snail's pace (even after several reboots).​

What A Pain!

DroidxRage

Reaction score
^^ When you reboot GDE it takes a few minutes to initialize I think. Did the same thing last night, rebooted the phone and all my widgets and stuff were FUBAR.

I waited like 2-3 minutes, and everything came back up like it normally was.