GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I caved and bought GDE last night... Open home Force Closed for me about 70% of the time, Panda (although more features than OH) black screened on me about as much. So I decided to say "to hell" with reading reviews and just try it myself. GDE seems to be very stable. In playing around with it for a few hrs last night, I'd say less than 10% black screens and well under 5% force closes. Cube display is pretty slick looking, and the features like the application dock, and bottom soft keys are very useful. Again, I've only had it for about 12 hours, but from first impressions, this might be the most stable, and definitely one of the better featured home replacement apps that I've tried. Oh, I run 7 screens with application docks on each (10+ shortcuts in each) and about 2-3 widgets on each workspace. So I'm definitely pushing this thing.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
^^ Add Widget, Application Dock. You might not even notice it, it's just a shaded bar on your screen, but if you drop shortcuts in there, it will allow you to scroll them like that. And before you ask (cause it took me a min to figure out), to move the application dock, hold the far right/left side of the widget. ;) Only thing, be careful where you put them, because if you touch them to "flip" screens, your only gonna scroll the application dock (which is why I didn't fill a screen with them, it would be hard to flip past it if I did) :)

ericcsong

Reaction score
thanks! how do I get rid of the application dock? I accidentally added it to a space above and now there is a translucent line across and can't get rid of it

Bateluer

Reaction score
How is GDE on the Moto Droid/Android 2.0 now?

Bout how often do they release updates, and do those updates actually fix things?

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Great app so for on my Droid. No black or force close screens. I do notice that on the stock power control widget the light for SYNC will stay lit regardless if it is syncing or not. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

TomN

Reaction score
I tried GDE a couple times but it did not work for me at all. After a couple hours the screen goes black and it's all I can do to get it uninstalled again. I keep trying it and hoping because I love having 7 home screens, but it always stops working.

windstrings

Reaction score
I tried GDE a couple times but it did not work for me at all. After a couple hours the screen goes black and it's all I can do to get it uninstalled again. I keep trying it and hoping because I love having 7 home screens, but it always stops working.

Unless your talking about the older versions, I can't imagine what would be the problem... it works perfect on mine without lag or stutter.. just like it came with the phone!

TomN

Reaction score

Unless your talking about the older versions, I can't imagine what would be the problem... it works perfect on mine without lag or stutter.. just like it came with the phone!

Well the last time I tried it was yesterday, have there been any updates since then?

adam8ch

Reaction score
This is definitely buggy. Sometimes its lag free, sometimes it is very laggy, but more often laggy. Other times the transitions don't work at all, and it force closes often when I'm adjusting the settings.

It is a very slick home replacement app, and I will be keeping it, even tho I think the Beta probably should've been free, but I'm looking forward to the updates, and hope the bugs get ironed out. I like being able to have customizable soft buttons on every home screen. Having a quick phone + quick sms option is nice.

If customization is a high priority for you, and you don't mind putting up with some bugginess, you might want to check out this app.

Edit: To the above poster who can't find the app, heres the QR code
chart

Last edited: