GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

foolie

Reaction score
Installed GDE yesterday and the update this morning. So far it seems very smooth and I've yet to have an issue (though I also haven't changed backgrounds away from the default grey one). The update this morning seems to have made it a little bit snappier but I didn't find it terribly laggy before.

I'm pretty impressed so far. No force close issues for me.

Good to hear.. a few more good reports and I'm going to install it.

Which one did you install? Of what the keyword to find it in the marketplace?

Windstrings, you know if you don't like in your 1st 24 hrs you can uninstall and get a refund?

m5ivan

Reaction score
Yeah the swiping is sensitive so you'll have to adjust the swipes.

I just tried changing wallpapers and it seems rogro82 was able to fix the crashing issue.

If you disable autoscroll and/or fast fling (not sure which one as I have them both off) you will only move 1 screen at a time.

brian.bsi

Reaction score
I just installed this app 8 hours ago on the Moto Droid. I am having no issues. It felt slow at first but seems to have sped up. I love this app. I wish it would change orientation on the home sceen on the droid. Other than that it is great. I have had no forced closes. I have changed wallpaper and themes. I just love the dock

GDE is grade A

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Installed GDE yesterday and the update this morning. So far it seems very smooth and I've yet to have an issue (though I also haven't changed backgrounds away from the default grey one). The update this morning seems to have made it a little bit snappier but I didn't find it terribly laggy before.

Do you think it needs a little more time or has it been real reliable?

My only concern is that once the emails, text's browsing, phone calls etc start kicking in the device will slow to a crawl.

Your input would be greatly appreciated........

cjkeeney

Reaction score
I also downloaded GDE today and was pretty pleased with the format. At first the cube seemed to lag a little, but it seemed to stabilize after a while.

I had an issue with adding the Application Dock widget. When adding it, all that appeared was a transparent dark rectangle that I could not move around nor remove (I don't actually have the dock, I thought it was referring to another app I downloaded). Therefore, I had to uninstall and reinstall once.

After that, I switched to normal screen changes and I am using 5 screens with no lag at all and am very happy with the purchase.

Highly recommend to anyone who is having problems with any other apps with similar features. =]

noles200

Reaction score
There are so many different ones out there (this, Open Home, aHome, etc) which is the best. I am most interested in having the extra screens (7 instead of 3) for widgets (some take up quite a bit of room. I saw this on YouTube on Sunday night and thought it was impressive. I've also heard that with the update coming on 12/11 that they were going to add extra screens (like the HTC SenseUI). Any truth to that?

I know this is off topic here but is there a better keyboard out there besides the stock keyboard and....."better keyboard?" :) :)

blu1080

Reaction score
I love GDE!!:) It is way better then other home alternatives! No force closes and it has way smooth screen changes I love the cube:)

Zenmervolt

Reaction score

Do you think it needs a little more time or has it been real reliable?

My only concern is that once the emails, text's browsing, phone calls etc start kicking in the device will slow to a crawl.

Your input would be greatly appreciated........

I do not have TasKiller or any equivalent installed and I have not seen any slowdown in GDE over the past day and a half.

The "All Applications" screen does take a couple of seconds to come up if you go the "long way" (by a long press on a blank screen, then selecting applications), but if you do it the quick way (bringing up the Apps screen then holding and dragging an app to the home screen) it's snappy. That's independent of system load though.

I'm not the heaviest user of additional apps, but I haven't noticed a slowdown from what I do have running (mainly Exchange ActiveSync, weather, finance, and SportsTap).

mjk

Reaction score
I downloaded this today to give it a try and I really like it! It was a little slow when I first installed it, but it seems to be speeding up now. I'm using 5 screens with the cubes. Pretty cool!

Question - does anyone know if I can make the bottom right toolbar button bring up my email messages? I didn't see it as one of the possibilities. I've got the phone on the left, but didn't see anything else I wanted for the right.

Zenmervolt

Reaction score
I downloaded this today to give it a try and I really like it! It was a little slow when I first installed it, but it seems to be speeding up now. I'm using 5 screens with the cubes. Pretty cool!

Question - does anyone know if I can make the bottom right toolbar button bring up my email messages? I didn't see it as one of the possibilities. I've got the phone on the left, but didn't see anything else I wanted for the right.

I don't think that's an option right now, but definitely leave a comment with the developer in his thread about the program. He seems to be very responsive to new ideas and I don't think it would be a long shot by any means to be able to get him to include the ability to have the toolbar buttons trigger the E-mail app.

androidhd

Reaction score
GDE on youtube

Hi all :motdroidhoriz: ,
I'm androidhd :greendroid: , i made the video about GDE !

Here a new vid :

[video=youtube;vipFR33uZpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vipFR33uZpw[/video]

-> CHECK, RATE and SUB to my channel about Android apps

U NEED COMMUNICATION WE NEED INNOVATION

mach330

Reaction score
pardon my stupidity...how do i install this or try this out?